Smac ii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smac ii?

Just wondering if Firaxis ever stated this. If there is I have first dibs on the moderator of SMAC 2-General/Sugestions .
    "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
    "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
    "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

I predict no SMAC II, ever. It seems to have been Brian Reynolds' baby, really, with Sid lending a name and a game engine and not much else. Now Brian's gone. Also, I gather that sales were less than expected. And furthermore, there's the nobody-knows-exactly-what-happened bad feelings that precipitated Brian leaving Firaxis. For all these reasons, I hypothesize that there isn't a lot of enthusiasm at Firaxis about this franchise. And oh yeah, one other thing: if they did care about the title, they'd probably keep up with the patches...
    [This message has been edited by Helium Pond (edited October 30, 2000).]

Comment

well, look at civ3: at the time it was started, it was the old civ2 team, but they were at firaxis after having left microprose. somebody got over the bad feelings well enough to go for the deal.

same thing could, potentially, happen for smac2. bhg could, maybe, make it under license. i for one hope they do
      it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

I don't know the details of these things, but Civ 3 seems like a case of being willing to work for a company you left because the old boss is gone, whereas SMAC seems like the house the married couple bought to try and patch things up; now that the divorce is final, neither party wants to live there anymore.
        [This message has been edited by Helium Pond (edited October 30, 2000).]

Comment

...and in any case, I believe that as part of the divorce settlement BHG agreed to stay away from TBS games.

Comment

Working...
          X