Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some more bugs

Heres some more bugs....not sure if they have been mentioned yet

When i was playing a Single player game after I couldnt be bothered playing anymore more i turned on the scenario editor and went into the Usurpers social engineering screen and they had +1 research aswell as their +1 growth and morale(this is without any social engineering choices on

When i was the pirates there was a pod 2 squares away from my hq and in it was an isle of deep and when i tried to attack it i captured it instead!(no positive planet rating)

And lastly when I was playing the Believers i forced the consiousness to surrender and after they did they sent a probe team into my Hq which then released me from being captured(????). All 40 or so of my bases got destroyed and i started off again just as if being released by a probe team.

Have these happened to anyone else?

1 and 2
    Did you have the manifold nexus in your land area around your base, if yes nothing is wrong.

3, Sounds almost as an other thing that happen to me, Yang sent a PB against somebody else, I lost all of my bases.
    What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Comment

I couldnt have had manifold nexus in my territory because i was the pirates

Comment

Hmmm didn't think about that...but did manifold be on a island near your base if yes you have found your bug. If no I have no idea why this happends.
        What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Comment

During my game (SMAX with latest patch loaded along with XP patch), near the end of the game after building or conquering bases, I'd set up a quene of units and facilities to be built as usual. Next turn, all current items to be in the process of being built (usually garrsion unit) would just change to energy. It's annoying to have to revisit each base to change back to garrsion unit. I was wondering is this a bug? Has anybody else ever experienced this? I was wondering perhaps I simply had too much bases? I was playing on the huge map of the Planet and the world map was practically littered with purple dots (Data Angels).
          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Did you have the option to autoprune obsolete units turned on? If yes, perhaps your garrisons were made obsolete. Another possibility is that your garrisons were replaced by other units in the Design Workshop. Were the exact same units (including the same reactor type) that were deleted from the queue still available to be built? You can't have more than 64 units in the Workshop. This limit tends to be reached near the end of the game.
            "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
            -- Kosh

Comment

Probably that's it. Ah whatever, thanks.
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Not I play-effecting bug (I think), but in my current game, my infiltrator is telling me that Santiago is seething and in vendetta against herself.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

SilentsounD,

-Capturing the IoD could have been the result of the free 'Marine
                  Detatchment', if your Pirates had gotten to Adaptive Doctrine (which clever Pirates would presumably do for just that purpose, hopefully before they got bored).

-The AI often has additional boosts to its game that people don't get unless they pay for them; I don't know if your Usurpers thing is one of those or not.

-I've heard of a bug involving rescuing leaders that might be the one you experienced, and I don't think that there was a cure - and I'm afraid that I don't know where that discussion might be found. You could look in the CGN Buglist - I gave it a quick scan and didn't see it, but I could easily have missed it. There used to be a buglist here, but I don't know how to find it. Well I did a search and indirectly found it by following a link from the search results - The Poly buglist seems to be here, although it may occur in some other incarnation somewhere else as well. By this time, I ran out of energy and didn't do more than give a moment's opportunity for this bug to jump out of the list at me, which it declined to do.
                  Last edited by johndmuller; January 29, 2004, 04:47.

Comment

Ooh nice resource, many thanks, johndmuller.
                    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

While playing in a PBEM recently, I cleared out a University base and dropped a unit in to capture it, then paid to hurry a scout patrol there. Next turn, I was surprised to see my drop unit and the newly built scout patrol standing outside the base . It turned out that the University player had set the base to autoforward units from that base to another, and that setting remained active even after the base changed hands...

Comment

Originally posted by starfish
                        It turned out that the University player had set the base to autoforward units from that base to another, and that setting remained active even after the base changed hands...
                        Ooh - that's a nice tactic to remember for PBEMs (lets you go right back in and recapture that newly denuded base, and if you're the CyCon, or if techsteal is activated, you get a free tech

G.

Comment

Googlie said:

Ooh - that's a nice tactic to remember for PBEMs (lets you go right back in and recapture that newly denuded base, and if you're the CyCon, or if techsteal is activated, you get a free tech
                          Fortunately I worked out what had happened before I completed the turn, and felt I was within my rights to restart (while emailing the other players to explain) - inheriting orders from the previous base owner is clearly a bug IMHO. In any case, had I set the drop unit to 'Hold' I think it would have remained inside, though the newly constructed scout would still have stepped out.

I think exploiting this behaviour might be considered a little bit unethical, if you're feeling that way, I suppose it might be interesting to do it in an IP game, where reloading presumably isn't an option

Comment

Working...
                          X