SMAC doesn't like my speakers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAC doesn't like my speakers.

After installing and playing SMAC a while back, my sound blaster audigy has developed an echo... everything sounds like it's playing in a cavern. I seem to recall having a problem similiar to this on my old computer with a soundblaster PCI 128 aswell, but I don't remember how I fixed it. Thankfully, I also have an onboard nVidia soundcard... but I have some problems with that one too, of course ( ). And I'd rather use the sound blaster.

How do I fix it, and why does SMAC do this?
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

I have a weird problem too. Sometimes during psi combat all sound blanks out except for clicking on buttons. Then right after a SP movie all the sound in the game since that psi combat - all tech voices, facility voices, combat noises, the works - comes on at the same time.
    I am timotheus4 of SimCity 4 fame, recently discovered the wonder of Alpha Centauri and EU2!

Comment

Osweld: In the Alpha Centauri.ini file try these values:

ds3d=0
      eax=0

Hope it helps.

Comment

Or, to be more thorough, try one, then the other, then both. See Hear what difference each of the three possibilities makes. One alone or both together should fix it.

It seems to me that the sound output in SMAX is louder than in SMAC. I've always left all the volume preferences sliders at maximum in SMAC, but in SMAX I had to move the Music and SFX sliders down. In my Alpha Centauri.ini, the lines are "Music Volume=31" and "SFX Volume=95".
        Last edited by gwillybj; November 29, 2003, 02:57.
        I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Working...
        X