Multiplayer Framing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer Framing

How does framing a player for probe team actions work with human opponents? Are they notified if the frame fails? Should you be in vendetta to attempt a frame?

As far as I am aware, if the frame is successful, you get a message saying that whoever was framed did whatever he was framed for. If the frame is unsuccessful, you get the normal:

quote:

We have sufficient cause for Vendetta against whoever. Do you wish to pronounce Vendetta against whoever?

.....or whatever it is.
    We're back!
    http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Except of course, you don't get that message because there's a bug in MP which means that the person *committing* the transgression gets the message, not the victim.

Another major bug that will never be fixed, methinks
      Team 'Poly

Comment

Maybe Lokigames fixed it in the Linux port? We can hope.
        "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
        "That which does not kill me, missed." -- Anonymous war gamer
        "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

If the Linux version fixes bugs that the PC version doesn't, will there be a discount on that version for people who already have other versions? Because I for one would like to play a more bug-free MP game, and would be willing to pay some for that, but not full retail.

Comment

HP,

Don't count on it. The port is being done by LokiGames, not Firaxis. I don't believe they would be interested in giving "Windoze" users a price break.

For me personally, I don't mind paying full retail again for the Linux version of the Planetary Pack, since the Linux game creators/porters need all the financial and moral support that they can get.

I am NOT looking to start an OS debate, but choice in the marketplace is always best.
            "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
            "That which does not kill me, missed." -- Anonymous war gamer
            "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

Well, I guess the issue is if they can come up with a price point that's attractive to both them and people like me. If they ignore us, that's fine, but there's the chance that they could make some money off of us. Granted, less than they make off someone willing to pay full retail, but I bet that there's a lot of PC users who wouldn't touch that, but might be interested in what is basically an upgrade.

Comment

Working...
              X