What faction would you join in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What faction would you join in?

Ok so you'r on board Unity at the time of the accident. 7 leaders are gathering followers. Who do you follow?
    Lady Deirde Skye of the hippies
    14.47%
    Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, Human Hive
    7.89%
    Provost Zakharov, Univeristy of Planet
    36.84%
    CEO Nwabudike Morgan, Morgan Industries
    15.79%
    Colonel Corazon Santiago, Spartan Federation
    2.63%
    Sister Miriam Godwinson, Lord's Believers
    3.95%
    Brother Pravin Lal, Peacekeeping forces
    18.42%
    Just walk away.

Last time I saw this poll up was about two years ago. The time is ripe to see what the distribution is like now.
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Give me the University and our unethical experiments!
      Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Unemployment's at a record high,
        People coming, people going, people born to die.
        Don't ask me why, 'cause I don't know why,
        But it's like that, and that's the way it is!

People in the world tryin to make ends meet,
        You try to ride car, train, bus, or feet.
        I said you got to work hard, you want to compete,
        It's like that, and that's the way it is!

Huh!

Money is the key to end all your woes!
        Your ups, your downs, your highs and your lows.
        Won't you tell me last time that love bought you clothes?

Bills rise higher every day,
        We receive much lower pay,
        I'd rather stay young, go out and play.

Morgan Industries forever!
        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

if the Free drones was in I would vote in them...

But in this contest I would say it's either Chairman Yang or Lady Deidra...

The choose depends on how Yang is personally I see him as a model of Fidel Castro, so I would love to go with him, but if he is more of a Josef Stalin, I would run to deidra...
          What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Comment

I wouldn't believe this a year or two ago, but I would be rushing for Lal's escape pod as the Unity goes down. My reasons are as follows:

1. Freedom!!! Sweet FREEDOM!!!

2. Tolerance. You can be anything from an environmental extremist to a corporate hack; a religious nut to an anti-religious nut and everything else in between all the extremes and still get along (hopefully) with everyone else.

3. Planetary politics. Its a well-known fact that Lal compels more votes, and even without the Empath Guild (which Dee would probably build) he is probably the one most likely to be elected as governor and retained in every forseeable election. Greater commerce would mean greater prosperity, and the extensive infiltrator info would make the job of the defence force easier.
            "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
            "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
            "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

"It is not uncommon to see patients undergo permanent psychological trauma in the presence of the Sphere, before the nerve stapler has even been strapped into position. Its effect of the general concsiousness of the culture is profound: husbands have seen wives go inside, and mothers their children. Dr. Xynan left the surface of the sphere semitranslucent for a reason. You can hear them in there; you can see them. It is a thing of terrible beauty." - Baron Klim, "The Music of the Spheres"
              OK, who do you think this wacko works for? Possibly Miriam, even Zakharov maybe, but if you had to guess I bet you would say Yang, wouldn't you?

"What do I care for your suffering?" - Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Essays on Mind and Matter"
              OK, so it's a philosophical position. But he sounds like a nice guy, doesn't he?

"The Academician's private residences shall remain off-limits to the Genetic Inspectors. We possess no retroviral capability, we are not researching Retroviral Engineering, and we shall not allow this Council to violate faction priveliges in the name of this ridiculous witch hunt!" - Fedor Petrov, Vice Provost for University Affairs
              So, if you join the University, you could end up a scientist or a specimen for genetic experiments. Sounds good, right?

"He held his arm too stiffly, and so was thrown back repeatedly, until at last I seized his forearm and snapped it back against itself. His training suffered while the arm healed, of course, but I felt this was a lesson he must learn early, and well." - Spartan Kel, "Honing the Ki"
              Oh, yeah, I want to live there.

"Some civilian workers got in among the research patients today and became so hysterical I felt compelled to have them nerve stapled. The consequence, of course, will be another public relations nightmare, but I was severely shaken by the extent of their revulsion towards a project so vital to our survival." - CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Personal Diaries"
              Poor Nwabudike, he was shaken.

[Insert any Miriam quote here.] - Sister Miriam Godwinson
              Right.

"I hold a scrap of paper in the darkness and light it. I watch it burn bright and curl, disappearing into nothingness, and the heat burns my fingers. Where has it gone? What has it become? I cannot shake the feeling that I have witnessed a form of transcendence." - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "The Convergence"
              Uh, how often do you do this, Pravin?

"I loved my chosen. How then to face the day when she left me? So I took from her body a single cell, perhaps to love her again." - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "Time of Bereavement"
              I really think you should seek therapy, Pravin.

So what we have concluded here is that you are crazy if you don't go with Deirdre.
              Who exactly lives in the United Nations? If you are a hobo and you sleep in front of the U.N. building, does that count?

Comment

Two years ago I would have probably voted the UoP; now I chose the Peacekeepers.
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I would go with the Peacekeepers, or the Gaians; whichever was closest. It seems to me that the Peacekeeper priorities are a bit sensibler than the Gaians which is why I voted for them.
                  Anyone who dislikes Democracy is not a leader that I would choose, and the lack of ethics that Morgan and Zharkov both suffer from deters me from following them.
                  Finally, my dislike of war and violence would not make me a natural Spartan.

Comment

Zakharov, all the way! Really, the kind of research I'd like to do falls outside the realm of ethics anyway, like physics or math, so the unethical nature of his society wouldn't affect me too much.

Comment

There's a tough 7-way decision there.
                      In the end, I support Zakharov due to his unethical approach.
                      IMO Ethics are for each man to decide, and are not absolute but instead a function of the environment.

Hey Zak, got some room? Ya pod's lookin' kinda full!

Comment

nice sammy :P
                        Just walk away.

Comment

You guys really should go read Hydro's (I think) "Planetary Council" short story in the directory. It's very short but well worth it!

Here's the link.
                          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

In the real world the University would be an obvious choice in case of a revolution I guess
                            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

sure, maybe you could be a mind-worm boil in Dee's forces. But if you aren't psychic... then what? You get your ass kicked by Morgan or Spartan Needlejets.
                              I never liked Free Enterprise much anyhow... I can't compete with those big corperate sharks anyway. Besides, I'd only end up buying their crap and their recreational drugs... oh wait. um... no, no Morgan.
                              The University is where it's at. They've got a good welfare program and even a new teaching machine! Sure, it gives you a ***** of a migrane after, but you've got a Master's in Biochem afterwards. Besides, who wants restrictions on your research or having to worry about funding? Zak would never tell you that you couldn't build a genetic virus in your basement. Morgan would be all, "blah blah, applications and blah blah, funding." Zak: "Oh... so you're trying to find a way to sterilize cats with a potentially deadly retro-virus eh? Well, there aren't any cats on Planet, but here's a lab and some money and some human subjects (just in case)."
                              Has anyone written a story about how The Consciousness took over Planet, created the Matrix, tossed the whole of humanity (except one other faction, the Angels) into it, and then the Data Angels have to free humanity by jacking into it? hmmm
                              It's really Synthetic God... I guess I didn't notice my own typo.

Comment

Working...
                              X