Wierd terranx crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd terranx crashes

I'm playing with Alien crossfire and Windows XP pro. Right now, i'm experiencing crashes pretty much every turn when enemy (hive) needlejets try to bomb my supply crawlers or terraformers. The needlejects are coming from Cybernetic bases( who i'm at peace with) so i get go get them there.

If i place an interceptor over the crawlers they try to bomb, i get get the the next turn but its rather annoying( and requres quite a few interceptors..)
    When the stars threw down their spears,
    and water'd heaven with their tears,
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

are the interceptors trying to intercept the needle jets when the Hive attacks your crawlers/formers? because I'm having crashes any time air-defense comes into play. otherwise, I don't know what's causing it.
    It's really Synthetic God... I guess I didn't notice my own typo.

Comment

That sounds like the Interceptor Crash Tis I (as if putting a name on it will make you feel better).

Sometimes people have had this problem when they had drivers for things such as a wheel-mouse installed or when using certain anti-virus software; something along those lines may be occurring and if you try disabling things like that, you may get lucky.

Comment

On my computer (Win98), killing "point32" prevents the interceptor crash, but SMACX bugs seem to vary wildly among computers.
        "Cutlery confused Stalin"
        -BBC news

Comment

well at least i'm not alone. I got through it by moving all my formers to the other side of the continent for the duration and cashing all my supply crawlers(damn i had a lot...) in for secret projects.

Will try some of these solutions though.
          When the stars threw down their spears,
          and water'd heaven with their tears,
          Did he smile his work to see?
          Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Comment

Working...
          X