Commit suicide and start over with a Former

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commit suicide and start over with a Former

The title basically says it all. If you just disband your starting Colony Pods, the situation is exactly the same as if you were eliminated in the beginning of the game: you'll be started over in a new location with two new Colony Pods + a unit. But this time you'll also be given a Former! Taking into account that it may be quite a long while before you are able to put your hands on "Centaury Ecology", this Former can make a huge difference. This works especially well with the Drones, who can't do any research for the first ten turns.
    Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Remember to disable "Do or Die: Don't restart eliminated players." in the Standard Rules when setting up the game. Otherwise, your game will end immediately and your score and rating will both be zero
    I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

neat. I'll have to try that.
      didn't you just hate it when a dead civ started just inside your territory in Civ 2, I know I did.
      It's really Synthetic God... I guess I didn't notice my own typo.

Comment

Heh, me too

Anyway, isn't this kinda "cheating" a little bit?

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I agree that this is a kind of cheating. However, it's funny that such a possibility even exists.

Comment

Originally posted by gwillybj
            Remember to disable "Do or Die: Don't restart eliminated players." in the Standard Rules when setting up the game. Otherwise, your game will end immediately and your score and rating will both be zero
            Of course. Well, actually, I never enabled this option in my games. By default it is disabled.

Comment

Well, Morgan has something similar, and it's very unbalancing.

Enable start again, and basically found and annihilate your base each turn in the first 10 turns.

Every time you do that, Morgan gains 100 energy credits
              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Must try a game with Morgan and test this out. Mmmm loads of cash

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
                  Well, Morgan has something similar, and it's very unbalancing.

Enable start again, and basically found and annihilate your base each turn in the first 10 turns.

Every time you do that, Morgan gains 100 energy credits
                  Oh really? That would be great. I'll have to try that.

It's only bad that when you restart again and again it doesn't give you more formers. It's always give just one.

Comment

Don't you also get a free Recycling tank in the first base you build after restart?
                    Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

Ha! Call that cheating!
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                      X