SP effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP effects

I'm doing ICS and have got HGP. When I create a new base without sending a scout to go with it, sometimes it riots the next turn. Why? I thought HGP gives you a talent so no matter how many bases I have the first citizen shouldn't be a drone should it?
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

... and you thought that Drones were boring enough

There are Drones, and there are SuperDrones.

Beyond a certain bureaucracy point, you get some SuperDrones instead of regular ones, just like you get some Drones instead of workers at earlier bureaucracy threshholds. Although Cops and Facs still have the same effects on them, a SuperD takes twice as much Elvis to cheer up, and the HGP is also dilulted in its effect (sometimes you will also get unanticipated drone problems when a base's population goes up, even if it seemed that you had the necessary extra drone control at the lower level).

Quite often the game will incorrectly show drones in the Primary Base display when the actual situation is not so bad - use the Psych Sub-Display or the F4 version to get the true scoop.

Comment

Drone-reducing facilities and police will quell superdrones as if they were normal drones, but talent-creating facilities and psych treat them as one step unhappier than drones.
      "Cutlery confused Stalin"
      -BBC news

Comment

All of which is a way of saying that there's no social problems that a judicious application of jackbooted thugs can't take care of.

I share your frustration with the limits of psych versus police as this game is implemented. This lovely feature pretty much limits the long-term usefulness of Free Market, unless you have a LOT of trading partners.

Comment

CEO, I think it isn't that bad if you heavily rely on energy crawlers. But I think in any ICS game you'll come to a point where the efficiency from green gives you more energy than the FM economy. And you have less penalties - and as a Morgan player I'd rather drop FM than wealth.
          Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Working...
          X