Jaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaded

I think I have finally become jaded by SMAC. I hated Alien Crossfire, so I've just continued with the original. It's a great game, and I sure did get my money's worth, but I do think it's time I put it back on the shelf with Civ II, Colonization, Doom and Pirates Gold. I've just upgraded my system, so I'll soon be able to play games like Imperium Galactica II, and the up-coming Black & White, which will be sure to fill the void SMAC will leave. Mind you, I still enjoy a game of MoO II, and I'm not jaded with that yet.

Bkeela.
    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

What? No mention of your undying hatred for Firaxis, and your blood oath to never buy another product of theirs for as long as you live? You're getting soft in your old age...

Comment

YOU WILL RETURN TO THEM BKEELA. YOU THINK IT IS EASY! IT IS NOT! THERE IS NO ESCAPE! WHY HAVE I KEPT THE CAPS LOCK ON?
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

smac is one of those games that gets boring for a while, so you go out and buy something else. After a week of playing that, you will go straight back to smac. It's the circle of life.....
        We're back!
        http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

I have to agree with Mark. I often get bored with SMAC, or CIV2 or, even dare I say it, MOO2, but I come back to them regularly (mainly SMAC these days, as if offers SOME challenge, but MOO2 sees the odd max difficulty, trying not to make things TOO easy game).

Other games come and go, but SMAC stays in my playlist. OTH, I *loved* Alien Crossfire, though not the aliens themselves, perhaps, and hated SMAC the first time I played it, ignoring ot for more than a year until patches and so on arrived, and finally really getting into it, moving on from CIV2 and MOO2 with SMAC:AC and the final patch.

I'd say leave it a while. Go play some other games, especially non-strategy ones. You'll be back!

------------------
          "You're standing on my neck."
          "You're standing on my neck."

Comment

Uh huh. There's nothing like playing other games to make you *really* appreciate SMAC
            Team 'Poly

Comment

Working...
            X