No announcement yet.

Anybody want this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, that's weird. I KNOW that if you press the submit button several times in an attempt to get Apolyton to respond, you get a multiple post. However, I would've thought it'd require some form of activity from my ISP. Obviously not - according to the little icon in my systray, no data was sent at any of the three presses. And then my connection dropped. As I say, weird.
    [This message has been edited by Chowlett (edited August 30, 2000).]
    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Sorry, triple post. Where did they get that edit quote from? for those who haven't seen it:

"I have the leadership abilities of a small canteloupe - Stefu"
      [This message has been edited by Chowlett (edited August 30, 2000).]
      The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
      Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
      All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
      "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Ooooh, Chowlett, you want three copies, eh?

- and I'm by no means a master - I play to get fodder to write about

It might be the only time Vel gave up (he'll say it was because the map was too big for his pc, but we know better.....)

(on its way)

G.

Comment

Damn xgman, it got ugly on you eh? LOL...now look how many people you have to send it too
          -PrinceBimz-

Comment

Never seen an AI faction so powerful!
            How it's possible?
            Aslo the gods are impotent against men's stupidity --Frederich Shiller
            In my vocabulary the word "Impossible" doesn't exist --Napoleon
            Stella Polaris Development Team -> Senior Code Writer (pro tempore) & Designer

Comment

Hey! Sorry I've not been in touch a while, guys, but a long distance flight to Beijing can really knock it out of you for a while.

Right, I don't have the zipped file anymore so I'm going to have to ask XGMAN if he'd be kind enough to send it to me again.

Since my email address isn't the same for this computer, it might be best if XGMAN could send the zip file to my Yahoo address, which is

Amazonian_Mage@yahoo.com

And sorry too to Googlie for not responding to your offer. You knew I'd never be able to let this one go by, you scheming food-baiter you. Be so good as to send your zipped file to my Yahoo address (above) and I can assure you that it will be drooled over as decorum requires.

On second thoughts, if Googlie's zip is overly large (and I'll bet I'm not the first girl to say that to you etc) then please send it to Milkysponge@yahoo.com instead. Those damn little Yahoo cubbyholes only hold 6MB at the moment...

Right. Eagerly awaiting your files to clutter up my brother's PC.

------------------
              Machines: outthinkable YES outfightable NO.
              Men: outfightable YES outthinkable NO.
              Allie Cove: outfallable INEVITABLY

Homepage http://www.enixine.dabsol.co.uk (Shared)
              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Well, it's definitely do-able. I'm two turns from Transcend and the Hive doesn't have a prayer. Now, if only terranx would stop crashing ...
                Team 'Poly

Comment

Transcend is not a winnable option in that game

Comment

You mean it's excluded from the possible victory conditions? Bummer. Where does it say that/how do you check it?

Mind you ... a military victory would be better and more fun to do. I just thought I'd better transcend before the Hive did it, since they were romping away on tech.
                    Team 'Poly

Comment

Mis

I have the original game and was a couple turns from transcend when I found out from the game owner that transcend is not possible. I'm at 2431 and eliminated Spartans and Hive is in bad shape, but haven't finished up because it got boring. It is definitely a conquest possibility alot sooner if you know the conditions with the original file.

Anyway good luck, it was fun with the original file being behind a ways.

Comment

Ah ok. Thanks for that stuntman. I guess I'll have to go back and restart - I'd do stuff a lot differently going for a conquer victory I just thought maybe there was a way of checking victory conditions in-game that everybody but me knows about. Wouldn't be the first time that I don't know about something really obvious ...
                        Team 'Poly

Comment

Working...
                        X