The AI seems quite anemic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The AI seems quite anemic.

What's the deal with a faction that only builds like 3-4 bases just right next to each other and do nothing? What's the difficulty setting's part in this? They often don't expand at all beyond 4 bases even when they are in the middle of a large continent...

Just walk away.

Then you have it on a low difficulty which makes them do stupid things like that and hence they're easy to kill. Stick it up a few notches and watch how much they expand if they get the monsoon or something.

Still the only difference it makes is if you want to kill a small rabbit with a bazooka or a big piece of butter with a big red hot jack hammer .... im bored
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Yes, crank up the difficulty a few notches and they will expand a bit more, although they won't be as cunning as you'd like. But Yang and Miriam are particularly good at the expansion aspect of the game, when you're playing at a higher difficulty level.
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

... and turn on Intense Rivalry: Opponents more aggressive. It's in the Options list between Blind Research and No Unity Survey.
        I'm only guessing, but it appears to increase every AI faction's aggressiveness by +1 (including those already at +1, making them +2: insanely militant), and they seem to act as if your faction's aggressiveness is also one step higher than what is written in the txt.
        I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Working...
        X