Just....checkin' in! :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just....checkin' in! :D

Hey guys! Long time, I know....was missing this place after recently firing up SMAX (which, to this day, remains on my hard drive!)....had to come home...

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Who were you again?

It's on the tip of my tongue, but...

Oh!

Weren't you on that sitcom?

Comment

Hello Velociryx!

Welcome back! Although an odd day to pop back up...

And if you didn't think anyone could teach an old dog (SMAX) new tricks, why maybe you should check out the CGN Halloween Challenge .

Regardless, hope you stay around a while and impart some wisdom onto this generation of SMAC(X) players!

D

Comment

No, that was that other guy! I'm best known for dressing up in a purple dinosaur costume and....erm....nahhhh, that wasn't me either!

-=Vel=-
        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

And thanks for the words of welcome, Darsnan! Will definitely do some reading in the thread you included!

As for stickin' around....sure, I can sit a spell! What's been going on lately?

-=Vel=-

Comment

Hmmm I seem to be the new person here. You have quite the name for your self here... Must buy book and laptop collection!!

Edit: Spelling Error..

Comment

Hi Vel,

I've been playing following this forum for quite a long time and playing SMAC/X for even longer, and I recently downloaded your guide. I must take this opportunity to once more congratulate you on your excellent work . Going through the guide, I realised once more no matter how long you play this game there's always something new you can learn about it

So although I don't always have the time to be as active a contributor as many old hands on these forums, just wanted to say good to see you around here again

Wish you good luck in whatever you are working on in your absence

Cheers
              "Common sense is as rare as genius" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Hi Vel.

Comment

Re: Just....checkin' in!

Originally posted by Velociryx
                  Hey guys! Long time, I know....was missing this place after recently firing up SMAX (which, to this day, remains on my hard drive!)....had to come home...

-=Vel=-
                  Communism is glorious! DEATH TO CAPITALISM!!

Oh...wrong thread...
                  Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Hi Vel, and welcome back .
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

How fitting you checked in on Halloween Vel.

All types of ghosts rattling around here.

Even ghosts of failed economic systems. LOL
                      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

You know what rocks? The forums for this game are still surprisingly active, and given the age of the game, and the fact that sci-fi has always been considered somewhat of a niche market, that is very, VERY good to see! I was pleasantly surprised by the number of views and replies this thread got after less than a day, and even more pleasantly surprised to realize that I still recognize some faces 'round here!

'tis good to be back!

Since it's been a while since I've had the pleasure of playing SMAX, I was thinking....maybe I should start out on Citizen as a warmup?

I looked back over the history of the last year of this forum and I must say, the folks who continued to work and discuss strategy here have REALLY taken things to the next level, especially with terraforming....highly specific, very exacting terraforming/base-spacement paradigms...no doubt brutally efficient, and that was always my failing....never had the heart of patience to sit down and wade through the maths to get at that ultimate level of efficiency....I'm sure glad others did tho!

Hmmm...and that makes two comments bout my choice of days to return, so yep...I'll fess up and admit that it was intentional....just thought it...fitting...

-=Vel=-

Comment

Great legends never die.

It's good to see you 'round here, Vel.
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Hey Vel

How about a little PBEM Perhaps you can be beaten now, if you're out of shape

-Jam
                            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Why don't you join the ACPSG or one of the ACDG factions?
                              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                              X