Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by death_head on 07-28-2000 08:48 AM
    Actually I believe that Zak's agenda is Knowledge, whereas Aki's is Cybernetic...perhaps you mean they share aversion.

I think he meant that they share similar ideas as factions, not the cut and dry SE choices. I could easily see Aki going Knowledge and Zak going Cybernetic, however, and they would probably be stronger if they did.

They do share an aversion, but not for the same reasons... Aki's cyborgs wouldn't be able to understand religion. Zak just hates it.

Banned on Black Saturday in the name of those who went before him.

Realizes that no one probably remembers that event.

Comment

I think that Zak hates religion and he doesn't understand it. Any comments on that?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Adam_Smith on 08-16-2000 01:53 PM
        I think that Zak hates religion and he doesn't understand it. Any comments on that?

Well, I agree, but I think he "doesn't understand" religion for a far different reason than Aki-Zeta doesn't understand religion. Zak doesn't get faith because it interferes with his agenda, so he sees it as an enemy. I.e., he doesn't WANT to understand it or sympathize. Similar, actually, to how Miriam sees him, I would think.

Presumably, Aki & crew don't understand religion because they are not fully human. Religion is primarily a right-brain activity, in a sense that I will try to explain.

First, religion, to be an effective force, cannot be an abstraction. If you come to it on it's own terms, it demands to be treated as something more. One may, of course, study religious activity from afar, but this leaves one in the position of attempting to understand a human activity from the outside, rather than using the advantage we have as humans to understand ourselves from the inside. I.e., by participating. Which, is silly, really. Or at any rate ineffective.

Anyway, if I can find my way back to Adam_Smith's topic after that detour, the point of all this is that Aki despises religion as just one more 'archaic evolutionary tendency', whereas Zak despises it personally as a force which has historically opposed his ambitions. But if he really wanted to, Zak is smart enough, and human enough, to comprehend religion.
        John 6:68

Comment

Aki and Zak do indeed have different SE choices --but they are both research factions with a Discover agenda. Aki uses knowledge before cybernetic appears and Zak will jump on Cybernetic. They both despise Fundamentalisr politics and cannot adopt them.

So why are they always fighting?

------------------
          Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet
          Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet, available at The Chironian Guild:
          http://guild.ask-klan.net.pl/eng/index.html

Comment

Working...
          X