War Stories: The Turning Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Stories: The Turning Point

I enjoyed both SynthetGod8 and Chaos Theory "war stories" in the "bit of a question" thread. I thought if I started a thread "War Stories: The Turning Point" then everyone could post their best story. What'a'ya say guys? Anyone got a good story to share?

Personally I find stories boring but that's my two cents
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I don't really have any war stories, but here's an old thread with an interesting Misotu MP story.

Comment

I dunno. I like war stories. Let's you imagine.

Obviously, the best stories are the ones where the player wins from the brink of defeat. I wish I had seome good multi-players stories, but, alas, I started playing after the multiplayer service stopped...

There was one game where I was Morgan and the Hive and the University were giving me trouble. It was on a medium sized map, so both factions were on the same continent as me. The Hive was invading in force and I was barely keeping them back. As luck would have it, I managed to steal Air Power from the University just as the Hive aquired it too. Since I was dependant on Free Market EconomyI could not invade with my own forces, let alone jets, I built Punishment Spheres in two good bases and bought a bunch of Needlejets and Rovers. When I could use Clean Reactor tech, I added that to all my units, so that my dron-free bases could produce as many as needed. It was tough, but it was one of the first games that I won.
        It's really Synthetic God... I guess I didn't notice my own typo.

Comment

MM, that was a cool thread, thanks.

SG8, another good tale. I've never used punishment spheres since upto now I've only played SP and I manage to win those without manhandling my citizens. I'm in my 1st two MP games now and I'll keep that stragedy in mind, if need be.

Comment

Working...
          X