manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manual?

Ok, i just bought (today) Alpha Centauri and Alien Crossfire. The CD's are the Planetary Pack (I think)....At any rate, I have gotten the game to work fine....beautiful even....but, I cannot find a manual on the disk....

Is there a place to find and maybe d/l the manual(s)?

Also, can you alt-tab out of the game?

Thanks

Don't know about the manuals (you might try searching the CDs for .PDF files). However, Alt-Tab works fine. I always keep a calculator program open. I switch to it to work out rush-building costs. You might run into some color anomalies when switching between SMACX and another program that uses a different color palette.
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

Originally posted by Petek
      I always keep a calculator program open. I switch to it to work out rush-building costs.
      Do you mean rushing units or buildings? If you mean units, I've found it practical to print Nethog's excellent rush building chart and keep it next to me when I play.

Comment

Explore the CDs for pdf files. Each game should have its own relevant manual. You'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them. It might be on there, too. If not, it's a free download at http://www.adobe.com (a yellow button on the left that says Get Adobe Reader).
        I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

hmmm....strange, haven't been able to find any pdf files at all...

will keep looking though

Comment

If you post a picture of the CDs, then I'll e-mail you a copy of the PDFs - how's that for a deal?

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

i found it....it was on the other disk....

now, I just can't find in the manual how to hook up an artifact to a network node....

Comment

Please note that the manuals are neither complete, nor entirely accurate (like forget about the documented difference is armors vs particle or energy weapons, the distinction between particle/energy weapons was never implimented in the game). When palying the game you have acees to a decent game encycopedia (datalinks) by clicking various links or using the F1 key.
                Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

By the way, if you know where to currently acquire alien corssfire or the planetary pack for PC, you can probably make some friends real quick here (I, however, and already fully smac-x equiped)
                  Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                  Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                  "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I read in one of the other threads today that Walmart is offering a 2 cd pack of smac and smax

Comment

I checked Walmart on line store and smac/smax pack was NOT listed.

Comment

It is actually "The Laptop Collection"

5 games all together:

Tiger Woods game, Sim City 3000 Unlimited, Red Alert 2, and both Alpha Centauri AND Alien Crossfire

But, it will probably be listed as "The Laptop Collection"....also, it is only 20 bucks I believe

Comment

I found it on Amazon and ordered it last night, $17.99. There were only two in stock. I threw in a novel for my wife to get free shipping. Many thanks.

Comment

Can someone please post a link to this rush chart? :-)

I found nothing when doing a search.

Comment

Originally posted by o:.: Kiwi :.
                              Can someone please post a link to this rush chart? :-)

I found nothing when doing a search.
                              You can get it here.

Comment

Working...
                              X