Alpha Centauri And A Few Beers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha Centauri And A Few Beers?

I was wondering if anyone else thinks that a few beers(or whatever) make AC a very enjoyable way to spend time...

Or are there players out there who think that having a few beers while they are playing will keep them from thinking clearly, so they don't do it.

I was just wondering, because to me, I enjoy AC and some alcohol to relax just like the guy who enjoys having a drink while watching a football or baseball game or whatever..

and i may sound like a weirdo, but I actually think that having a slight buzz while playing allows me to sink even deeper into the game than I would have otherwise. Maybe i'm a weirdo.
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

v,

Nothing wrong with a little altered consciousness.

"Whatever gets you through the night, is all right. All right." - John Lennon

Comment

Oh absolutely. Anything that increases my suspension of disbelief (an apt description of beer if I've ever heard one) contributes wonderfully to computer games.

Jeff Morris
      Firaxis Games

Comment

nothing wonr with you vee4473!

btw, Jeff, have you seen that thread asking the patch?

Comment

Alcohol is very bad for you. Try a joint or a bong hit.

Comment

I find cocaine helpful.

Not really.

No, seriously!

Whatareyoudoingletmego aaaahhhh!!!!
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I like SMAC anyway, but beer can definately make the game a lot more fun. Too much beer can sttart too havee negative efffects on yor game play and somtimez the skreen loocks kinda funny.

"Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Hey! I am not as think as you drunk I am!!!

------------------
                And I asked him,
                What is thy name?
                And he replied saying:
                My Name is iMac: for we
                are many..
                And I asked him,
                What is thy name?
                And he replied saying:
                My Name is iMac: for we
                are many..

Comment

Bud definitely helps me focus and can really help with micromanagement and other mundane tasks.......

Nothing beats a Cream of Mushroom Soup Sandwich. Yummy..

Comment

I like to imbide different substances depending on which faction I play.

Domai: A good (read bad) industrial beer like miller lite. Six or eight crates of this stuff and the heroic worker posters start to look like masterpieces.

Yang: Chrystal Meth, then play all night and most of the next day. No problem with paranoia, since they really are all out to get me.

Zak: I usually do up a potent mix of smart drugs, then quickly get bored and post on Apolyton.

Cheese Dong: A little 'Magic Fungus' and I'm on my way. Of course I must be careful not to look at my portrait on the game box, or I'll start laughing and be unable to finish the game.

Morgan: I like to chop up and snort a little Black Rhinocerous Horn, then try to get Santiago or Aki into a submissive pact.

Miriam: Who needs drugs when you can get all Effed up taking the Old Testament out of context?

Aki: I like to hook myself up to a biofeedback device, but sometimes I spin out thinking of a groovy modification patch for the game and wake up hours later dehydrated.

Santiago: A quart of Jack Daniels usually does the trick, though last time I got arrested for discharging a firearm within the city limits for shooting the lights off of an Ice Cream Truck which was "shamelessly pursuing wealth".

Lal: A couple of grams of Pakistani Hash....

Lal: A couple of grams of Pakistani Hash....

Deirdre: Exctasy. Usually by 2200 I'm out in my yard naked, writhing in the grass. At least my cat understands.

Marr: I whip up a little 'alien cocktail' consisting of hydrochloric acid with a sprinkling of burning phosphorous and broken glass. I don't play Marr much, as that stuff goes right through you.

Roz: I usually take two tabs of Acid, then hack the game and transcend in 2099.

Sven: I pour a few jugs of spiced rum in my hold (anything but Captain Morgan), steal a few pieces of my girlfriend's jewelry, don a scarf and start singing along to the background music. My girlfriend usually "boards my vessel" about 3 am and throws me into the hold (basement) to sleep it off.

H'Minee: With enough peyote I can preserve the sanctity of the Sixth Manifold and summon the mothership. Actually booting up the game is optional.
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I got a kick out of that Sikander.
                      hee hee

While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Great post sikander

Comment

ditto...ditto.. LOL!!

Nothing beats a Cream of Mushroom Soup Sandwich. Yummy..

Comment

Two words: Beer goggles.

One word: Miriam.

I just don't want to think about it.

Comment

Working...
                            X