No announcement yet.

Keeping the Game interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me, or did any of you find SMAC borring. I got and I have been playing Civ 2 since it first came out and I still like it. But SMAC was borring I got bored in the first month and have not touched it since?
    I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Not so much boring, given the wealth of diplomacy options and faction characteristics that Civ II never had, but disappointing in it's ability to carry you along all night (the 'just one more turn' syndrome)

Biggest disappointment was in the ending. You can just buy ascent (in fact the game almost forces you to do this as every faction can build as soon as one discovers).

With Civ II there was the nail biting rush to get the spaceship completed, and even after the AI had launched, often with a partially built 15/8/3/ship, there was the calculation "can I in the four years left build a 36/16/3 and overtake it" And oh, the luxury (and score) if one was able to build a 39/16/9 ship.

Classic adrenaline rush that smac loses.

Someone in the old OWO forums described smac as "having no soul" because of this, and I tend to agree. But I still play more smac than civ, because the playing of the game is so much more interesting (and I'm a science fiction fan anyway) - but the ending sucks.

Googlie

Comment

Working...
      X