No announcement yet.

Quick Summary of an Average Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering how to do that! I was going to start digging through the manual. Thanks for all your help!

Jerh9e1k5

Comment

Can someone explain the multiplier effect not sure what that is actually! Thanks!

Daniel
      A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

Originally posted by dacole
        Can someone explain the multiplier effect not sure what that is actually! Thanks!

Daniel

I can think of a couple of instances where the term is used

1. Energy Situation

Every raw energy you bring into a base will be allocated to economy or labs ( or psych) In a base with many facilities, the impact of each additional energy is multiplied several times over by the effect iof those facilities.

Consider that a suoper science base might have a NN, res. Hosp. , fusion lab, Quantum lab , TOE, Supercollider. With these significant multiplying facilities in place, each additional "raw" lab point can net 4 or 5 lab points.

Multipliers also exist for economy-- energybank etc etc

Bottom line is that it is much smarter to crawl energy to the base with the most facilities ( if the time taken to rehome the crawler is not too great

2. Battle strength

People often refer to multipliers in calculating the strength of a unit--

For example a silksteel unit has a base defense strength of 4 but if it is an AA unit inside an aerocomplex with an nearby sensor , its strength will be

4X1.25 x2 x2 = 20

Other multipliers are things like terrain effects, morale or nerve gas
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
        X