Automated units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automated units

In smac it is possible to automate almost anything. However, in most cases it is not very useful. The only thing I always automate are ships. Although they do a lot of stupid things the automatad ships do better against the AI than myself. They never let something slip through. I'm quite sure the automated ships know the position of each enemy ship, regardless of their visibility.

So, what processes/units do you usually automate?

Nothing, unless the power graph is 95% me and 5% the rest of the factions then i'll get abit lazy.
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Apparently, automated missiles make great defense against invasions. They wake and zip out to anything in their range.
      "Cutlery confused Stalin"
      -BBC news

Comment

you really want to waste a missile on some of the cheap useless units the AI builds though ?
        Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

The point is to alert you to incoming ships/transports, not to gain cost advantage from destroying one
          "Cutlery confused Stalin"
          -BBC news

Comment

Working...
          X