Empire Thief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empire Thief

I know this has been mentioned before but i couldn't find any threads where an actual save showing it happening had been posted, so thats the reason behind bringing this up again.
    The year is 2350 and im midgame in an OOC (long long early war against a nearby zak+morgan).

This year everything seems fine, just about to rush the theory of everything and click turn complete. Next turn it pops up Domai wants to declare himself supreme leader, whatever i vote here has no effect. However once the council popup has closed you will just see a circular motion sweep around deleting all the crawlers,formers, units and lastly the base. Next thing i know i've got a few fusion infantry, some AAA garrisons and 4 colony pods somewhere else in the world.
    I've tried building other stuff, proposing something in the council before Domai but nothing seems to work (they do seem to affect where i restart though).

Has anybody found a common setting in games that this occurs ? or if anybody can find a combination of events to stop my little empire disappearing so i can continue please let me know was looking forward to fighting the now huge Domai in the end.

Last edited by Lazerus; October 3, 2003, 13:36.
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

I recall a few years ago I had a saved game with the same problem. I was playing as the Cyborgs, and the Pirates tried to become the planetary governor. I don't remember whether he won, but after that turn, I was with nothing but some colony pods and other units.
    I personally think this problem is a bug, and our copies of SMAX have it.
    Known in most other places as Anon Zytose.
    +3 Research, +2 Efficiency, -1 Growth, -2 Industry, -2 Support.
    http://anonzytose.deviantart.com/

Comment

I've got the copy that can't even spell "technolgogy tree" right, so i suppose i shouldnt have expected the game to be perfect.
      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

The problem is Cha Dawn. The Drones eliminate the Planet Cult once you hit END TURN. I guess the game gets confused and decides to 'eliminate' Roze instead. Try opening the scenario editor and eliminate Cha Dawn or maybe the Drone units that cause the elimination. This enables the game to continue somewhat normally.

However, the problem is still wierd, but you may continue to fight Domai.

Comment

Yep that worked, Domai and Aki were promptly slaughtered once i got some singularity PB's

Comment

Odd problem

WE had similar problems in multiplayer games and the radical downsizing of empires was one side effect of eradicating another human-controlled player in a MP game. That led to the convention whereby the player about to be eradicated had to self destruct their final base. This allows the game to procede normally while having the final base conquered, always led to weirdness
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Sidenote:
              The most terrific Bug I encountered in Mp was this:
              /brag on
              In a 3Players Game I was leading while Pirates and Hive battled
              for Second place ;=)
              /brag off

I was just checking my Lands when Suddenly I noticed that my Formers start to disappear one by one.
              I sat Astounished as the Map began to scroll to each Former so I could see them VAnish.
              48 Formers all in All. I was left with my 8 brand-new Fusion Formers also the fungicidaland Rover chassis one were not destructed.
              Turned out another Player had just deleted his Former Design which seemed to have triggered it.
              Very Strange.
              But Funny& True.
              Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Yup. Happens in pbem, too. Whenever any player retires a design which slot in the Workshop is denoted with an *, all human factions lose all of their units with that design. Those designs are supply crawler, transport, former, probe team, colony pod and scout patrol.

Any of these designs may be made obsolete or upgraded in a players' Design Workshop with no ill effect. Retiring any of them has the effect described above. Don't do that!!

Comment

ah that explains another little mystery that occured awhile ago playing Rothe then.

Comment

Working...
                  X