unit movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unit movement

I have had this small question for some time and never did ask about it. Sometimes when you see from a place to another the distance is say 1 2/3 and an infantry scout or a former would be able to reach the destination in one turn. But other times, even if the distance is only 1 1/3, the unit still stops in the middle. Also, sometimes, a scout can enter a fungas square in the first turn, other times it will have to wait until the second or the third turn to be able to enter it. What's behind this can and cannot?
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Random chance and probability. There isn't much more that can be said about it.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Hmmm. I thought maybe it's like cell1 has a road to cell2 with no road to cell3 then the unit would stop but if cell2 no road to cell2 road to cell 3 then it will continue to go or something like that. Oh well.
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Maybe there is a unit hidden in xenofungus???????

SCARY

Comment

Nah, entering Fungus is a random chance

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
            Nah, entering Fungus is a random chance

-Jam
            Yes, but enhancing your Planet rating increases your chance of entering a Fungus square. This is documented on p. 39 of the manual, last sentence:

"You can also overcome many of the inconveniences of fungus squares by enhancing your Planet rating through Social Engineering (...), allowing easier movement through fungus."
            "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
            -- Kosh

Comment

I've always assumed an Infantry unit's Morale played a big part in how many turns it took to enter a fungus square from a stand-still, along with the degree of rockiness.
              The same for continuing movement with fractional parts: Morale, whether Infantry or Speeder.
              I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Working...
              X