Warped books covers in SMAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warped books covers in SMAC

After the previous post about the Original Faction names, I thought that I would contribute another useful tidbit of info. I played the game for over two years before discovering this, and thought I would share it with any of you who aren't aware of it. When you finally get the list of best sellers/books you've written at the end of the game based on your score, you can click on the the title and get the cover art! Yes, each warped title comes with an equally warped and inspired piece of cover art. My wife who is not a strategy gamer looked over these with me when I discovered them and chortled. I very much hope not to raise "A nerve-stapled child"
    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

They are priceless. I think BR's team was up too late on night and had a delirious brain storming session. Luckily they graced us with their creativity!

Comment

Cool, I didn't know that...... Maybe I'll set one as the background on my comp.
      "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Yes thouse covers are great, I belive a guy on the forum uses a picture from one of the books. Its the "How to Raise a Nerve Stapled Child" one.
        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Ah yeah thats BustaMike's Avatar :=)
          Its animated too.
          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Working...
          X