• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ooops, yes indeedy.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Man, I must be lucky cause I've never experienced an asteroid strike.

I experienced the solar storms a lot. One game I had a total of 3. Is this truly random, or is it some kind of way to balance things out? I had about 44 Orbital Power Transmitters while the next closest faction had about 12.

I've found that the Human Genome Project really helps against the virus' random events.
      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
      *****Citizen of the Hive****
      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

This is a good thread. Nice to have all the random events clearly explained.

Franky, my strictly empirical observation is that solar storms are proportional to the number of sats launched.

I've only experienced the asteriod strike twice, both with vanilla SMAC. I wonder if they toned down the odds of it in SMACX or if I've just been a bit luckier.

Comment

The good and the bad random events may very well be random, but I have noticed that on the standard map events such as climatic change (-1 nutrient next 10 turns) happen at the exact same place, although not at the exact time. I don't know who said it, but I agree that almost all events have opposites:

For example

(This is hard for me to explain, if someone would like to repost this and interpret it for eveyone else, my thanks)

In the year 2200, an event will happen at University Base

The above statement is predetermined by the random seed of the game.

If you have a biology lab at University Base at the 2200, then University base will discover a beneficial bacteria, if not, Planet Blight occurs.

Either way the event occurs, just depending on whether if you have a certain facility determines whether it is good or bad.

Comment

Working...
          X