No announcement yet.

Words of wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should be unblocked by now right ? wonder if he's gonna bother coming back
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

I should say that the human brain is a massive neural net, thus it "learns" how to play SMAC by perceiving patterns. If a guy, blockhead or not, starts playing outside these normal patterns it doesn't mean that he's a bad SMAC player. His brain just works in a different way.
      Artificial Intelligence is no match for human stupidity. [AI Paradigm]

Comment

Look, the reason he gets made fun of isn't because of the lameness of his SMAC mastery, but the incredible combination of rudeness and stupidity with which he purports his insupportable opinions. Being wrong is forgivable, being a jerk is tolerable, but being both is just too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
          He should be unblocked by now right ? wonder if he's gonna bother coming back

Nope-- the word from Ming was that all he had to do was indicate he would stop with the insults. Apparently he refused and got righteous with MIng since Ming sent him a personal message when blockhead had the feature turned off or something.

OH and ceoaaron has it right. I know I am often wrong but I try never to be a jerk about it. The hate roads thread was funny . . . I only wish we could have played the game

You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I should say that the human brain is a massive neural net, thus it "learns" how to play SMAC by perceiving patterns. If a guy, blockhead or not, starts playing outside these normal patterns it doesn't mean that he's a bad SMAC player. His brain just works in a different way.
            He had the chance to show that his different approach is successful. But some people start attacking reality (or gameplay, for that matter) if it doesn't adapt to their brain ...
            Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

I believe the blurb for the Bioenhancement Center would respond to your post, Adalbertus.
              Artificial Intelligence is no match for human stupidity. [AI Paradigm]

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Sunrise
                Forgive my ignorance, but who or what is blockhead?
                I originally posted this in another Thread - (People plant their bases too early! (I am the best SMAC player)), but since I think it may help to understand who Blockhead was I'll repeat it here:

Vev's not really serious. He is doing a parody of a poster [Blockhead] in another Thread who, before his [Blockhead's] suspension from Apolyton, was either pretending to or was actually experiencing symptoms, best explained by the medical text DSM IV.

Mead

Comment

DSM IV?
                  "'Lingua franca' je latinsky vyraz s vyznamem "jazyk francouzsky", ktery dnes vetsinou odkazuje na anglictinu," rekl cesky.

Comment

Originally posted by UnityScoutChopper
                    DSM IV?
                    Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - Fourth Edition (DSM-IV), published by the American Psychiatric Association, Washington D.C., 1994, the main diagnostic reference of Mental Health professionals in the United States of America.

Comment

Working...
                    X