No announcement yet.

Hate Roads - What are They Good For?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the love of God and all that is holy, someone please lock this moronic thread once and for all.

Comment

• At risk of being accused of unadulterated spam and picking on a moron, I just wanted to ask whether anybody has looked at the thread with this information in it:
      hi
      i want to play MP game with someone, but really MP, not PBEM (i expect to play 1 game at least 3 hours before terminate or something)
      i am searching only for ESPECIALY good players - i am the best!

i expect to play only expansion

please contact me at icq# 133725817 or email nejtlustsitlustoch@centrum.cz

i can play anytime

blockhead
      I know it's been a while but every time I come back to blockhead's posts I just laugh for hours. Not in a bad way, of course. I thought somebody should get back in touch with our masterful (if shortlived) Polyton newcomer and let him know that we all love him really.
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

• I had a hoot reading this again too. I actually had a bit of fun
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Wow, what a funny past this forum has.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Thanks Allie for reminding us all of the horrors of terminal road-denial

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• you are extremly stupid, unable to play online for no reason and i hate you !

Just want to share the most entertaining quote that I've ever read in this forum.

i'm the bestest!!!
              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Although, preparing to be shot, I, excepting my first three or so games, and my last five or so... have never played with crawlers! Roads... I'm not that brave.... I'm usually running lots of patrols around, and need the fastest response, because I'm almost always ambushed by the computers.... usually by copters or needlejets in late game, or a set of impact troopers early.... Although I was amazed when I city that was settled in worthless territory.. (early game settling, arid all around, a little fungus, and some decent 2000+ elevation) that pumped out 6-8 crawlers, in addition to satellites, began producing 170+ minerals a turn..... That game I ended up, minus the 5-10 thousand I gave away to try to prevent a crash, with about 80 thousand energy...

Comment

• Why not try and corner the market?

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• WHY CORNER THE MARKET??

Yeah, you win, but, well, the AI still has all its money. It doesn't even do anything about it. Does it even know you are about to win!! I have let the AI win 6 times to see how it did it. Each time, it was by high score, no amazing conquest or diplomatic, and this was on Transcend!!! Multiplayer is much better, too bad it ties up the phone line. I mean, what do I do if I have to eat or pee or something like that??

Comment

• Just post the turn and wait a couple of days. I normally fit in a couple of meals and pee once or twice in that time...

-Jam

Comment

• ask for a 10minute break so the others can do the same ?
                          Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

• Yes, I could try and corner the market... thing was, I was making around five thousand or so a turn, at least, and my most mineraled base was nearly two hundred... Voice was being built, and then Ascent would take a max of seven to nine turns... cornering takes twenty, and the computer was demanding fourty-five to fifty thousand for a corner... which means I had only had enough for a couple turns... That was Counciousness, running Democratic/Green(I think)/Power/Eudamonic
                            I had been running Democratic/Green/Knowledge/Cybernetic, but found I could actually make more and take less time by switching to the other way... don't know what.. everything pretty much was clean...Had obliderated Peacekeepers, Believers, Spartans, and another, and had hit up the Gaians bad... declared war on last turn before winning to take some SPs that I didn't care too much for at the time....

Comment

• Who's winning?

And why is "Set Waypoint" thru fungus considered a "cheat"?

Comment

• It upgrades units instantly to demon boil, as long as you set at least 3 waypoints.

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                                X