Hate Roads - What are They Good For?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flubber
    2 games a DAY ??!! What are these, small map arenafests ?? They must be on small maps or tiny maps
    you end lot of MP games early or do not finish them because they are decided.. (this only shows you do not play MP)

Tell you what . . . If you are the best player, we could probably line up a few folks to show you what good play means. Perhaps a comparison SP game where you can use your no crawler strat or a PBEM . . I wonder if one of our stronger players could be bothered to demonstrate the fallacies of your no-crawler strategy.
    when ppl here do not play normal MP, it's laughable
    MP is something different than SP and how would you compare?? you can compare only by playing in 1 MP game

The best player I have ever played is a guy named " buster" over at CGN. As far as I am concerned, until you show something against some established players, you are just talk.

A lousy player is still a lousy player no matter how many games you win if you only play other lousy players. For you to proclaim your superiority without testing yourself in this playing community is just plain arrogant.
    when you did not play online, this quote is nonsense, because you do not know anything about it, the only player from apolyton who plays MP is chaos theory (but very rarely), so i guess ppl here really do not know what MP really is

btw how can i show something when you do not play online???????

blockhead

Comment

Originally posted by blockhead

you end lot of MP games early or do not finish them because they are decided.. (this only shows you do not play MP)
      No this shows I play competent opposition that cannot be crushed by simplistic tactics and that I play in games where people have the sense to team up against a clear leader
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

btw how can i show something when you do not play online???????

blockhead
        The game is the game whether online or PBEM . Why do you seem to fear PBEM so ?? I can't play online since I have a job and a young son. Why can't you PBEM ? It is the purest form of the game.

I would have figured that the BEST PLAYER would be the best regardless of the form of MP.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

How is playing "MP" as you so charmingly call it, any different from playing PBEM (which strangely is also MP, at least in my experience) Its the same game, just takes a bit longer.

Anyway, there's a number of people who play IP (as I assume you mean) games. I do for a start, Lazerus, Dreifels, actually most of us do sometimes however, as the posters on 'poly are from all over the world, its pretty hard to get people together for an IP game. That's why we prefer PBEM on the whole.

And NO NO NO we're not talking about SP (single player) - most of us are regularly playing against HUMAN opponents in PBEM games. And very probably the greenest newbie among us could easily beat your no crawlers strategies.

Come on, if you are the BEST play against some 'poly posters. But prepare to be humilated

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Oh and I did play a few games through ip connection a couple of years back but found the opposition lacking in skills. I don't know if that was representative of the group or if the good players weren't volunteering to play me because I was a relative unknown. Perhaps you should provide a link to your gaming community or playing group for the benefit of anyone here that wants to try your form of the game.

WE also played some IP in a game before switching to a PBEM. I enjoyed the ability to get 40 years done in 2 hours but in a 4 player game, turns quickly became too long to enjoy if playing online style.

Just curious, if this community of PBEMers are not playing real MP, why do you bother to come here ?

Comment

Otherwise we can't find out who the BEST is, silly

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

are you really stupid or what?
                pbem takes ages to play and that's something i cant do
                and you were not even able to name players who really play(ed) often online, so that means you never played that

btw if you have time to play pbem, you should have time to play 1 online game against me (let's say 1 game/month or something like that, pbem takes time some time too)

you are saying here what nonsense i am talking, but it's you who do not try to play just 1 game with me online (requesting to play 6 months to play and not be able to spend just 1 day to 'test' me is clear nonsense)

blockhead

Comment

still waiting for that link to the online community where you are so revered

Comment

Me too.

Shall we take on their best two Flubbs?

-Jam

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                      still waiting for that link to the online community where you are so revered
                      there is not such thing, there are 2 large lists with icq of the people who play(ed)

you are extremly stupid, unable to play online for no reason and i hate you !

blockhead

Comment

Blockhead: If you come on here with nothing but alot of wind and no math to back it up, of course everyone is going to realise you're utterly full of sh*t.

Your claims that PBEM isn't a valid test of skill is, if anything, even more ludicrous than the idea that you could beat a skilled player without building roads.

You think you're such hot sh*t, why don't you post a game showing how building without roads gives you better economy or superior development. If you've beaten anyone without building them, you're likely facing scrubs. Prove me wrong.

Comment

blockhead
                          are you 8 years old or something ??

Comment

blockhead

Can't believe one could come to the strategy forum and see such an entertaining play.
                            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu

Can't believe one could come to the strategy forum and see such an entertaining play.
                              stick around . . . I'm waiting for him to call me a "poopiehead" LOL

I couldn't believe that someone could assert they are even a moderately competent player without using roads OR crawlers.
                              Last edited by Flubber; August 29, 2003, 14:35.

Comment

all i said is true
                                when you do not give me chance to play with you online (because pbem would take 6 months = you would find nothing), it clearly shows how good and fair you are

blockhead

Comment

Working...
                                X