How to post tables in a thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to post tables in a thread

I am planning a thread on a sample game contrasting the Cyborgs to Morgan and the Universtiy as builders with a fast transcend. How to I make and then post a table on the forums, especially how do I maintain any formatting? I've noticed the list command, but I'm not sure how to use it.

The thread that had a table I'd like to copy is here:

The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Just go to that post with the table inside of it and quote it. At the top of every post there is an option to quote and doing so will show all formatting inside of the post.
    AMD4EVER

Comment

AMD4EVER, thanks for the hint. Unless Jimmytrick is a code fiend, he must have used some sort of program to do create those tables. I've just looked at the code, and while I could replicate it, since I'm adding an extra column, I can't just alter content. For the number of tables I'd be doing, I'm not sure I'm quite that dedicated . Anybody have an idea of what program he might have used?
      The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
      And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
      Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
      Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Can it be done with just html? I guess I'll give it a try and see if it works.

cell 1 cell 2 cell 3

Yep it works, just use straight html. If you don't know html, it's really easy. Here's an example

{table border="1"}
        {tr}
        {td} cell 1{/td}
        {td} cell 2 {/td}
        {td} cell 3 {/td}
        {/tr}
        {/table}

tr is a row... td is a cell in the row... this table has 1 row with 3 cells

oh, and for the actual code replace the {} with <>
        Last edited by BustaMike; August 25, 2003, 17:14.
        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

CyborgsMorganUniversity
          SuckyWimpyNerdy

Just wanted to test this myself... sorry

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

and if you don't want the heavy border lines, use

{table border="0" cellpadding="4"}

4 should be enough to keep the columns from running together
            I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Working...
            X