Need a favor, plz help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a favor, plz help

This should be a pretty quick thing to do if someone can help me. My idiot friend renamed some of the sound files in the voice directory of SMAC on my computer. I would normally just reinstall, but I have no idea what I did with my original disks.

What I need is for someone to take a picture of their voices folder so I can compare it with mine and rename the files back to what they should be.

Here is my folder. I've highlighted what I think are the renamed files.
    Attached Files
    "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

smac-x voices
    Attached Files
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Thanks a bunch... now I just gotta figure out which is which.
      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

It looks like you list goes in columns by alpha and mine goes in rows by alpha, and of course your alpha is then fouled up by the name changes.
        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Net Node = fac08
          God Dice = Probablity Mechanics (whatever number that is)
          peace = peace (peacekeeper intro)
          univ = univ (university intro)

Comment

If you haven't figured them all out...

... this is all of the changed names:[list=1][*]Exterminated.mp3 = fac32.mp3 (Temple of Planet)[*]God DIce.mp3 = tech29.mp3 (Probability Mechanics)[*]Greed.mp3 = tech10.mp3 (Fusion Power)[*]Iron.mp3 = fac35.mp3 (Nessus Mining Station)[*]Net Node.mp3 = fac8.mp3 (not fac08.mp3) (Network Node)[*]Prince.mp3 = tech43.mp3 (Doctrine: Loyalty)[*]TECH Oneness.mp3 = tech26.mp3 (Singularity Mechanics)[*]up.mp3 = tech23.mp3 (Applied Gravitonics)[*]yingyang.mp3 = tech18.mp3 (Monopole Magnets)[*]Zac's Alone.mp3 = tech16.mp3 (Superstring Theory)[/list=1]
            I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Also, it looks like you're running WinXP? Can you lock the folder somehow so the file names can't be changed? It shouldn't affect gameplay because the program only reads the files.
              I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Originally posted by gwillybj
                Also, it looks like you're running WinXP? Can you lock the folder somehow so the file names can't be changed? It shouldn't affect gameplay because the program only reads the files.
                I'm not too worried about it anymore. My friend understands the stupidity of his actions and will not repeat them.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                X