Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• research bug

hi
    i have some bug where are the research points wasted and i dont know what to do
    for example, my tech/turn is more than 2x tech cost/turn
    i have 0 accumulated RP and it researchs nothing ! just adds something bellow tech cost
    another turn it researchs the tech, but it does not give remaining RP, so i have 0 accumulated RP (in other words, it wasted 2 techs)

thanks for help, blockhead

and when i played MP, this bug was working but after some time (10-30 turns, i dont remember) it stopped working and research was counting right

If the majority of tech points are coming from a single base then yes they will just be wasted, 1 base can only research 1 technology.
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

but it happend to me too even when there was no major research base..

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
        If the majority of tech points are coming from a single base then yes they will just be wasted, 1 base can only research 1 technology.
        What do you mean by this? Could you expand on it?
        AMD4EVER

Comment

Research is accrued and calculated 'per base' which is to say, each base's lab output is added to the total, and when a base's contribution causes your labs accrued to exceed the tech cost, the research counter is reset. Any extra labs from the base that pushed you over the tech cost are NOT carried over, rather the next base's lab output begins to fill your research bar. Hence, if you have one base which can produce enough labs each turn to complete more than 1 tech each turn, any excess will not be used. In fact, you're likely to lose lots, since you can't guarantee that your big tech base will be the first to contribute to your tech cost.

Comment

ie, you have 10 bases and it costs you 2000 points per tech

7 bases add theirs giving total of say 1500
            Your big science base now kicks in adding a further 1500 points, the technology is completed but 1000 points are wasted.
            Your next 2 bases now add their points.
            Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Working...
            X