No announcement yet.

Green and Native Attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it's always the nearest base that gets the rush-build. Has anyone ever gotten a construction pod result next to a base building a SP? I'm guessing there's something in the code to prevent this from happening.

Comment

UnityScoutChopper said

My strategy is:

- if available, use tranceports to pop pods, never popping in fungus
      - but if attack units are available, pop pods using teams consisting of a transport (not a tranceport) and an attack unit, obviously empath if possible, thus creating a win/win situation.

USC [/QUOTE]

I agree.

If you have enough units, send 2 attack craft with the transport.

The transport pops the pod. If an IoD surfaces the first attack craft hits the IoD with indirect fire and then the second attack craft hits the damaged IoD with direct fire (perhaps capturing it if you have a positive planet rating). If you have airpower in range then you really only need 1 transport and 1 attack craft where the attack craft softens up any IoDs that appear with indirect fire and the airpower takes out the IoD. Note, this would mean that you don't get a chance to capture the IoD even if you have a positive planet rating. At least your aircraft can quickly return to the base to repair while your transport - attack team go about their business of popping more pods, because your attack craft is not damaged at all.

Using the above technique I don't mind popping pods even if they are in fungus.

Mead

Comment

Originally posted by CEO Aaron
        1. Yes, it's always the nearest base that gets the rush-build.
        2. Has anyone ever gotten a construction pod result next to a base building a SP?
        3. I'm guessing there's something in the code to prevent this from happening.
        1. True.
        2. Not that I can recall. If I ever did but didn't know it, see #3.
        3. I agree. I suspect either:
        (a) a pod that has a SP-in-progress in the nearest base is never a construction pod, or
        (b) if it is a construction pod, the next-nearest base gets the benefit.
        I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Working...
        X