Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potentially the most nastiest bug ever... must read.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potentially the most nastiest bug ever... must read.

I was playing a hotseat game with some friends the other day. All of a sudden my friend comes running out of the room saying he's found the craziest bug ever. Here it is.

In a hotseat game (I'm not sure about PBEM) after your turn is over when it asks the next player to input their password it is possible to click open the comlink once and contact anyone you want as the next person before they even start their turn. This will allow you to have the person after you grant all of their money and tech w/o them even knowing about it if they don't try and call you that turn to see what you've made them offer.

Ok, so it's really not as bad as it sounds. If you were to do this and no one caught it the person your ripping off would get a message saying that you've accepted their offer. Also if you do this when the next person goes to input their password they will notice that the map has already appeared behind the password screen. This is really the only way to know somebody was trying to cheat, and if you haven't seen this bug before you might not notice.

Has anyone else seen this? Do you know if it works for PBEM too?
    "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

I haven't tried, but since you know who plays before you if anything like this happens you know who did it. If somebody was caught doing something like that, I think it's safe to say they would never have a good time playing MP again.
    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

This is nearly as bad as the bug that converts all of your cities into colony pods - it's really nasty. If you're playing Iron Man, it effectively ends your game. Anyone else seen it?

------------------
      My sorry excuse for a website
      My sorry excuse for a website

Comment

I remember when a group of my friends and myself were playing monopoly. One of my friends and I decided to make an alliance of sorts. If either of us landed on the others property than we would convienienly 'forget' the rent. We would make favourable trades - You need Mayfair/Boardwalk to complete your Monopoly there, does $1 sound like a fair price?
        Let's just say that we all refuse to play monoploy against each other anymore.
        Be careful doing something like that against your friends.

------------------
        - Biddles

"Now that our life-support systems are utilising the new Windows 2027 OS, we don't have to worry about anythi......."
        Mars Colonizer Mission
        - Biddles

"Now that our life-support systems are utilising the new Windows 2027 OS, we don't have to worry about anythi......."
        Mars Colonizer Mission

Comment

Working...
        X