Spoils of War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Elephant,
    some people are saying that with spoils of war off it simply costs aggressive factions more for probes to get the same tech. I agree with that except there is an asteric. There are cases when tech can not be stolen. Also, if someone loads up on probes for defense it is nice to just take the base by force.
    [This message has been edited by Adam_Smith (edited May 05, 2000).]

Comment

Personally, I just always got pissed off in Civ while playing. Some faction that only has crusaders comes in, steals automobile, and then tells their blacksmiths to start pumping out tanks! Not very realistic.

I'm glad SMAC doesn't have it. If Civ3 has it, which it probably will, I hope they only allow tech stealing for a tech that a Civ can currently develop. Oh, that African tribe Civ isn't much of a problem, but you better do something about them before they build that spaceship!

Comment

I like to have spoils 'off': it gives PTs more power (and necessity) in the game, forces players to aquire tech through research and/or diplomacy besides using PTs, and doesn't compromise the Cyborg's 'tech steal' advantage. (It also makes you drool when you think of energy parks and elite probe teams!! }:P~~~

Comment

Working...
        X