Do the Progenitors ever surrender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the Progenitors ever surrender?

I have never gotten a submission pact from them because I always nerve gas them. Anybody experienced that?

It never happened to me, but that does not mean it can't happen...

Comment

I've had the Usurpers surrender to me once. I don't believe I had contact with the Caretakers and I didn't commit any attrocities. I'm wondering if they perhaps might refuse to surrender if you have a pact with the opposing alien faction, seeing as they won't sign a treaty. Just my two cents.

------------------
      Jason the Argonaut
      "I like horses. Thank You."
      -Daniel MacIvor
      [This message has been edited by Argonaut (edited April 24, 2000).]
      -Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

I had one of the Progenitors surrender to me. Later, I had such a large empire that I decided to run for Supreme Leader. When I did, I got a message saying "You cannot run for supreme leader if there are any alien races who have not sweared a Pact of submission to you." This really annoyed me.

Comment

From the readme with the Crossfire patch:

*The manual states that an alien may be in a submission pact and not affect
          a diplomatic victory; this is not true. For a human faction to win a
          diplomatic victory, both alien factions must be completely eliminated from
          the game, regardless of their Pact status.

Comment

Okay, that's fine. But what's more annoying than the manual being wrong is having the in-game text tell you something untrue.

Comment

Is the probability of the Progenitors surrendering the same as that for human factions?
              Or do you have to totally crush them?

Comment

I've had the Caretakers offer to surrender to me. They had constantly annoyed me during the game so I was forced to reject their offer.

Comment

Working...
                X