Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lady Deirdre's Lover... is Conqueror Marr!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Deirdre's Lover... is Conqueror Marr!

As most players, I have learned for a long time that it was impossible to keep peace with the progenitors for all the time.
    Whatever you do, they will declare vendetta to you sooner or later.
    But in one of my latest games, I was playing the Gaians and pacted very early in the game with the Usurpers against the Caretakers

Surprisingly, this pact held for all the game, and after eleminating the other human factions and gassing the Caretakers, the game ended with a cooperative victory of Deirdre and Marr!!!

Marr was quite friendly during all the game, only in early mid game he demanded a few (around 25 or 50) energy or some obsoleted tech. Despite all differences in social engeneering choices, he never cancelled the pact.

you settled for a co-op victory with the AI ?
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Deidre aint so greedy in havin' to be sole Victor..
      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Yes, she's really love a shared victory with the Planet Rapers. Uhh, Usurpers. That dude's worse than Morgan.

Comment

Ack! Pacting with Marr is not a Planet-friendly thing to do. After all, Marr's objective is to use Planet as a weapon against other Progenitors in some obscure faction-driven galactic war. Care to bet on the lifespan of humans when Marr contacts his friends after the cooperative victory?

The Caretakers aren't much better, even if they are Planet-friendly.

As a matter of policy I gas them both, and I'm an eco-weenie, can't-we-all-be-friends type.

Hydro

Comment

Agreed. Slay all aliens. By the way, are you penalized by Planet for using Nerve Gas on aliens?

Comment

Not that I've noticed. Apparently Planet doesn't like the Bugs and nerve gassing and other extermination strategies are fine, except for PBing (never done that, though).

Comment

I'd imagine that Marr and Hminee both would be in love with Chairman Yang, partially because all three seem to gravitate well towards a Communist planned society.

However as luck would have it, once you're pals with one, you're enemies with the other so you'd better choose wisely.
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                X