Odd happenings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd happenings

I am playing a game where both alien factions threw in the towel and fired all their research staff.

My infiltrator status shows both at a mere 9999 years until their next discovery. Normally I only see this after a faction is wiped out. But come on, the Caretakers were at least a 20 city empire when they (presumably) went with a 0% research strategy.

The other odd thing is the marine control feature is effective 0% of the time. It will not work in this one game at all. I have made several dozen attempts so far. This is kind of embarrassing because a few months ago on the bug thread I told another poster that this feature was enabled. Now it looks to me like it may not work at all in some games.

Are other players experiencing either of the above odd features?

hmmm. that certainly is odd... i don't think that's ever happened. did it actually say "the _____ have fired their reasearch staff?"

------------------
    And the women once proud Clutched the heart of the crowd
    As the boulders smashed down from the mountain's hand
    And the Magic in the stare Of the Wild Eyed Boy said
    "Stop, Freecloud They won't think to cut me down"
    [This message has been edited by edgecrusher (edited April 19, 2000).]

Comment

RedFred, I often see factions under severe attack set their research to zero so that they can use the money to build units.

As to marines, yes I did notice that the feature did at times not seem to be working. But it does work. It just seems that it does not have to work 100% of the time.

I have had more success when the attacking unit is at least "fusion" power. I think the combat is over too soon for the marines to board if the attacking unit has only a standard engine. - Don't ask me to explain. This is just my observation.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I have had the same experience. I think I found if I tried the capture in the units home waters, then the capture failed. If I tried the capture outside of the home waters, the capture succeeded.
        Rick

Comment

Honest to primus, once I did the Command Nexus, and instead of a command center @ every base, it gave me a HEADQUARTERS @ every base... no innefficency!

This really happened.
          It's a CB.
          --
          SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Comment

I get free perimeter defenses all the time

Comment

Adam, did you biuld the Citizens defence force? That'd be my guess.

Comment

EternalSpark: HQ in every base? That's awesome!
                [This message has been edited by Vi Vicdi (edited April 20, 2000).]

Comment

Wow that is much better than command centers! Each HQ facility gives that base +1 energy, correct? Having +1 energy at every base and not losing any of that energy to inefficiency seems like a good deal to me- PLUS all of your bases are immune to mind control!! I would take the headquarters any day.

Comment

Yeah, it was a FUN bug I almost soiled myself, and it was... FUN.
                    It's a CB.
                    --
                    SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Comment

Wow! An HQ in every base, eh? That is far more odd than anything I've ever seen. What a boon for research and energy production. No subversion of cities either - almost as good as HSA.

edgecrusher - no, I never got any such message.

Thanks Ned, I think you hit the nail on the head. I have seen this before with small ( and getting smaller!) AI empires before, but never with a faction with anything close to 20 cities.

Comment

Psycho146,

No, I didn't. It's a bug.

Comment

Working...
                        X