Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Drones I've never seen

quote:

When your faction grows very large, you come to a point where drone production... accelerates dramatically...your advisors remind you if you are about to found a base that sends you over the limit

The above is from the manual. I've never seen this happen. I used to think it was simply because I never built enough bases, but I've built up to Gamma Sector on the Asia map, and I still haven't seen it. Do these extra drones exist?
    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

I don't know on huge maps, since I'm a hybrid player on average ( standard maps ). But the extra drones at Transcend & standard map are real and way more abundant than Thinker diff. or less ( every 6 bases for a 0 SE efficiency ). By mid-game, it can become on a point you see many of your workers represented as red drones even if they are not in reality because of your facilities & police. That is the indication of the extra drones you'll have WITHOUT the counteracts.

------------------
    The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".
    The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

The threshold number of bases depends on both difficulty level and map size. On a map as large as I have heard the Asia map is, even at Transcend level, the threshold is probaly abovy 30 bases. That's for one extra drone.

See the bureaucracy entry in the Datalinks for more info.

Comment

Right. You will only see drone warnings on the higher levels. You will see your first drone warning on the highest level when you lay your 6th base down.

PS I don't think it really accelerates though. I've built 40 or so bases and the difference is not that great.
        [This message has been edited by Adam_Smith (edited April 15, 2000).]

Comment

on a 256 sq map it takes about 72 bases
          on a 16 sq map it takes about 3 bases
          i have this problem a lot since i play on the 256x256 map a lot. and no i dont play with transcedance on. it would be too easy.

Comment

That'll be why then - I rarely play above Librarian, never above Thinker, and I don't often build as many bases as other people do. And yes, the Asia map is absolutely massive. As a comparison, planet.mp is 140 kb, Asia.mp is 1.36 Mb
            The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
            Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
            All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
            "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Working...
            X