No announcement yet.

French and German SMACX v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If all they have to is translate, do it yourself and stop *****ing.
    It's a CB.
    --
    SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Comment

Ohh yeah! You can talk easy EternalSpark. Because english patches are always privileged.
      Firaxis has decided free to get in the hands of EA. Because EA is a loosy compagny Firaxis has to take the consequences from angry customers.

Comment

What you call angry customers, I call lazy whiners.
        It's a CB.
        --

Comment

Hey EternalSpark!

I want to see you if Firaxis releases a new patch and you have to wait for 3 months till now. This is BAD CUSTOMER SUPPORT!

I think it isn´t difficult to translate an english patch to a german one. This cannot last for 3 months and more.

Comment

No matter which definition someone choses (lazy whiners, angry customers). Firaxis and EA will have to notice the financial loss of future games, because customers will have the patch matter in mind.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Alex2001 on 04-01-2000 01:29 PM
              Firaxis and EA will have to notice the financial loss of future games, because customers will have the patch matter in mind.

From who? 3 or 4 people complaining out of millions and millions of people buying the games?

You over estimate yerself.
              It's a CB.
              --

Comment

If a lot of non-english players of SMAX are thinking like me, i assume that we aren´t only 3 or 4 people. You have to remember that Germany (for me) is the 2nd largest computer games market in the world.

Comment

After reading this nonsense, I just can't help getting involved in the flame war.

EA customer support sux. This cannot be argued. It really does. There is no excuse for the delay in the release of the patch other than EA simply doesn't care. Firaxis should get a new publisher.

EternalSpark is a little out of line (understatement). These forums are great because of the helpful and polite atmosphere. This is the first flame war I've ever seen on Apolyton's forums and it's really sad. I used to and still do play a ton of Tekken and I remember clearly when Namco had to close their forums for tekken3 because they degenerated to posts like this one.

Maybe it's not my place to say, but I think that complaining about EA's support, no matter how justified, doesn't really have a place on these forums. And even if it did EA would never hear about it anyway so it does no good. And finally, forgive me for saying so but EternalSpark, quit being a *****.

"Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by EternalSpark on 03-30-2000 01:23 PM
                    Quick talking German. This is the internet. Use English.

Even if this is the INTERNET, it does not mean English is THE language which should be used at all. This is IMHO a very arrogant attitude.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Ephack on 03-31-2000 04:03 PM
                      The problem here is not the time for making the patch, it's the time for translating it. Honestly, you don't need 3 month for translating 5 text files!

Honestly, Americans do. ;-)

Comment

OH MY GOD this ain't a flame war... if y'all think THIS is a flame war, damn y'all ain't been to some of the forums I used to go to..

As for english being the standard language or not, I do believe it is.. the "standard language" in many international things is English.

As for suport sucking, it might... but most companies do too! I just think that people who complain about this kinda stuff, they really need to lighten up a bit. Patches take awhile. Hell, Quake 2 was unplayable outta the box for a couple years before the patches.

All I'm saying is that people need to realize that game companies are not going to bend over backwards to get this patch out because a few people here are complaining. Thats all!

I'm sorry if I offended anyone... I still maintain that this isn't a flame war, at all...
                        It's a CB.
                        --

Comment

eternal spark ist ein depp,

(for the *this is the internet, use english-whiners*: eternal spark is an idiot!).
                          aber ich habe am 30.3.doch tatsaechlich antort bekommen:
                          My apologies for the delay in the German patch for Alien Crossfire. I spoke with our contact at EA yesterday and he told me that it should be available by the end of this week. Thanks for your patience.
                          Kelley Gilmore

nun ja, heute ist der 4.4., das wochenende ist vorbei und weder auf der seite von ea noch auf der seite von firaxis ist irgendwas von einem patch zu sehen. es ist und bleibt ein trauerspiel, dass man ueber 3 monate warten muss, bis man ein spiel fuer das man geld ausgibt auch spielen kann.

Comment

"Maybe it's not my place to say, but I think that complaining about EA's support, no matter how justified, doesn't really have a place on these forums. And even if it did EA would never hear about it anyway so it does no good."

Perhaps, but who launched with topic?...
                            Yes, Jeffrey Morris himself.
                            And perhaps he comes sometimes here, and next time, for the next patch, it will go a little faster...

Comment

Nun ja, das Warten auf den Patch geht weiter!
                              Ob wir uns nun aufregen oder nicht.

Mhmm, the waiting goes on, if we complain or not.

Comment

quote:

Mhmm, the waiting goes on, if we complain or not.

Thats been what I'm saying, right there!

And the "me being an idiot" comment... that is quite immature.
                                It's a CB.
                                --

Comment

Working...
                                X