French and German SMACX v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French and German SMACX v2

We got the files back from EA and are assembling the patch now. It will need to go through EA testing, which as you all know can take a while, but I figured you'd like an update.

jkm
    firaxis games

thanks for the news Jeff!

I hope this is the start of another "Jeff Morris Day" for our news pages...

Comment

Well done Firaxis. We had to wait for a month again but the patch shouldn´t be far away now!
      [This message has been edited by Alex2001 (edited February 07, 2000).]

Comment

well, i am really pissed off by the fact, that the german patch seemed to be vanished somewhere at ea!!!
        its now six week ago, since the patch has been published.
        apart from the fact, that the patch with 5.04 mb demonstats, well, no comment.
        are there any reliable informations about the status of the german patch???
        thanx a lot

master k

Comment

Where ist the patch Firaxis?
          Did you lost it somewhere?

Do we have to wait always 2 months for the localized version? This pisses me off!

Comment

hm,

one week later: no answer, no news, no sign of any activity. well, thats what i call customer support.
            btw. did anyone check out the ea-homepage?
            thats another case of first class support.

master k

Comment

thanks to the guys at apolyton,

you're absolute cool, you care about the problems of us europeans.
              encore une fois, merci beaucoup

master k

Comment

What do you mean with your thanks to the apolyton guys?

Comment

well, simple for that (read the news section on smacx):
                  We contacted Jeffrey Morris at Firaxis today if he could pass along any news regarding the status of the localized SMAC-X patches.

master k

Comment

your thanks should go to Jeff for being so responsive. he answered to 3-4 mails from us in a matter of minutes!

Comment

I recommend all German users to buy the US version of SMAC/SMAX.
                      Thus, you get the patches faster.
                      Furthermore, the German translation of the game itself is rather weak (but the translators' work on the handbook is excellent!).
                      In the game there are grammar mistakes, context errors that show that the translation was just done in a text program, but no-one played the German version extensively enough to discover the mistakes.

Comment

By the way, the German SMAC is compatible with the US SMAX.
                        I myself did not try that so far, but the German magazine Game Star lately stated that both versions properly work together.

[This message has been edited by Neverwinter (edited February 24, 2000).]

Comment

What about the german SMAX V2 patch now? Where can i download it? Or has EA got to do some Q&A testing?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Alex2001 on 02-07-2000 02:34 PM
                            Well done Firaxis. We had to wait for a month again but the patch shouldn´t be far away now!
                            [This message has been edited by Alex2001 (edited February 07, 2000).]

yeah, and now its end of february and what happend? absolutly nothing.

i am really ..., well lets say pissed.

master k

Comment

I think we will not get german SMAX Version 2 until english SMAX Version 3 is out.

Comment

Working...
                              X