Resonance Armored Impact Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resonance Armored Impact Bug

I'm not sure how, but a 4-3r-1 unit appeared in my production options, way before I'd discovered resonance armor. It had a little asterisk next to its name, which I've never seen before. The only thing I can think of is that I'd mind-controlled such a unit at around the same time. If I accessed the unit in the workshop, and clicked on the armor, 3r armor did *not* show up as an option. However, if I'd had a cheating disposition, I could have modified the chassis, etc, to make other units with the armor.

1) Anyone seen this before? How does it happen?

2) What does the asterisk mean?

1) You always get a prototype of units you have mind controlled, and can build them freely thereafter. I would not consider modifying this prototype to be a cheat; if you can build the units as they are, you should also be able to reverse engineer the technology and use it in other units.

Comment

Tau Ceti is right.

On one of my first games I was playing the Hive, and they got Airpower way before me, then hit a inner base with a mass of planes and a marine and rover.

I mind controlled the base to get it back(just happened to have 2000 ec in the bank), and I then had jets of my own, which I used to bomb him back to the stone age.

Comment

Thanks!
        I guess the asterisk indicates a unit designed from a captured unit.

Comment

Working...
        X