Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How in practice do you rescue a faction leader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How in practice do you rescue a faction leader?

I have an embarrassing confession... I can't figure out how to rescue a captured faction leader! Miriam captured Zak in one of my games, and it would be REAL handy to put him back in the game... preferably as a submissive :-). But I tried probing New Jerusalem, couldn't see such an option, then tried taking New Jerusalem, and wasn't offered such an option. Did I overlook something? Am I out of luck now, or is there still some way I can rescue the poor fellow?

USC
    "'Lingua franca' je latinsky vyraz s vyznamem "jazyk francouzsky", ktery dnes vetsinou odkazuje na anglictinu," rekl cesky.

probing the HQ is supposed to do it-- if New Jerusalem is their capitol I thought the option should appear.

Was this a feature added in SMAX since I can't recall whether it was available originally or not
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Yes, rescuing captured faction leaders was introduced in SMAX, so if you're playing SMAC classic, you're hosed.

Comment

This was actually a rather embarassing bug for Firaxis. You must have SMACX 2.0 for this feature to be available. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the "Rescue Faction Leader" option was not available in the initial SMACX release. Other than that, you're doing things correctly.
        "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
        "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
        "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks for the info, folks -- you made it absolutely clear for me that I'd misinstalled the update. (I'd installed it to the wrong directory.) I was WONDERING why I still didn't seem to be paying more for facilities or getting GA popbooms... but didn't want to believe the obvious conclusion.

UCS
          "'Lingua franca' je latinsky vyraz s vyznamem "jazyk francouzsky", ktery dnes vetsinou odkazuje na anglictinu," rekl cesky.

Comment

Working...
          X