I am pissed. This bug sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am pissed. This bug sucks.

I was playing an IPX simul turn multiplayer game with my friend, standard map, SMACX, 50% water, dense cloud cover, weak erosion, rare native life. I was the University, he was the Consciousness. By the year 2160 or 65 I was getting one tech per turn. By 2200 I had amassed such a huge lead I figured I would screw around with planet busters, fungal payloads, and techtonic payloads to kill him before I transcended. I fired 2 techtonic missles and one fungal right next to his headquarters and guess what. NOTHING HAPPENED!!!!!! What a bunch of crap. I did notice, however, that the very top of the map directly above his headquarters felt the effect of my missles. This was really stupid. The top edge of the map was raised in a way that isn't possible, and a bunch of fungus popped up. Lame.

BTW, I destroyed 7 of his cities including his headquarters with 2 singularity planet busters and then transcended in 2222 so I still got to have a little fun.
    "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Are you implying that SMAC[x] has bugs?

Comment

SMACX and "bugs" in the same sentence??????? How sacrilegious! Can anyone honestly say they noticed even ONE bug in the game?????? Just one! Name one! This is a challenge to all who consider themselves SMACaholics! Find one bug...... I'll send you five dollars for each bug, capeche? Though there's really no point..... My money is as secure as Fort Knox.

Comment

Behold... I am Sarcastro. My power - Razor Sharp Sarcasm, HA!
        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

He had no missle defense I'm sure. After the first couple fungal and techtonic missles screwed up I tried detonating them in other places (also with no missle defense) and again nothing happened.

Comment

I have yet to see how the new missle defence systems work in smacX. Is it possable that your opponent had built those at his headquarters, and that stopped your assault?

Comment

Working...
            X