Smac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smac

A few weeks (months?) ago, I posted of how crappy Smac was Recently, I started playing the demo again and I have re-confirmed this

Smac seems to be a nice game but its too damn easy. The real game (not the demo) is harder, right? It has to be.

Using the Spartans as a base, I quickly created a pseudo-Nazi state (free market economics and police state [early on, that is. Later, I switched it to fundamentalism]). The only problem with this was that I had a hell of a time researching technologies but I quickly solved this by intimidating (and befriending) everyone else into giving me their technologies. The game (as nearly every game of Smac I have played), ended with a Right vs Left conflict in which the Hive, the environmentalists, and the intellectuals were pitted against my faction (the spartans), the morganites, and the believers with the UN peacekeepers in between changing sides occasionally (although, I have found, that if they are elected planetary governor during the start of such a conflict, they will immediately join the rightists).

All in all, the game isn't that bad and I actually like it although it is a tad too easy.

------------------
    Eventually a corrupt system was itself corrupted, and the logic of terror reached its logical conclusion: a humble rabbit, cornered by a fox, has nothing to lose by striking out, and rabbits have teeth, and sometimes the rabbit gets lucky.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

You know... Apolyton also has a SMAC forum...

Comment

"Albert Speer"? An interesting and dangerous nickname, don't you think?
      Anyway, I agree that SMAC is too easy sometimes, but certain modifications may help to alleviate this problem. Check out, for example, Shining1's awesome modpack, which helps to balance the builder and conqueror parts of the game, plus a lot of other interesting modifications.
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Yep. It sucks.

Thats why I play it so much.

Comment

There are Challenges out there for all of you out there that think you are all that and a bag of chips, but only have the demo. Also, try multiplayer. I guatantee that you will lose.

Comment

Narck, unless I missed something, this IS the SMAC forum.

Comment

SMAC easy?

I'd put it this way: the AI is easy.

The *game* is hard.

Comment

I think I'm going to think of the stupidst things I can come up with so that people will post responses to my posts.

Comment

Mongoose, the thread was moved here from the OT. Narck had posted before the move...

Comment

Thanks MarkG. Sorry, Narck. Moving threads is what I missed.

Comment

Working...
                    X