Placing bases in friendly factions territory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Placing bases in friendly factions territory

This has never occured to me before in SP that i can remember but the current MP game im in has made me wonder if its some sort of bug. I have (had) total territory control on a medium sized island with bases nearly built on all sides of it when i suddenly see a peacekeeper base spring up (AI), i open the comm link and see that we have no status to each other.
    Now normally i know you can start bases in the territory of factions you have no treaty with but it automatically then sets your status with them to vendetta (or if you do it to them you get a threat, then vendetta) yet this didnt happen ?
    Theres no question that i had territory control since this PK base is around 3 squares away from 1 of my bases that has been there awhile.
    Well i traded a tech with the AI and he paid me 50 credits to sign a treaty with him, but he has just dropped in a recon rover via a transport ship and im guessing he'll be bringing in pods next so now i think my friendly Hive policy has just ended its time to kick those peace love hippies back across the ocean ... after i've stolen all that i can
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Now normally i know you can start bases in the territory of factions you have no treaty with but it automatically then sets your status with them to vendetta...
    Inaccurate. This activity cause Vendetta if you have contact with the faction whose territory it is. (or has done it on your territory) Notice that if you play with the Base grids displayed, they only appear AFTER contact has been made. Play with the Grids on...if you can see them, V will result from one faction building on the territory of the other..

Comment

Working...
    X