Question: Screenshot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Screenshot.

Out of curiousity, how do you take screenshots of the game?
    Invited by a new age, I am the magnificent Sailor Uranus.

PrintScreen key

Comment

Addon, alt-tab is disabled by SMAC. but if your keyboard has the 'Win' key, press it then when your taskbar appears, right-click on the SMAC button and select minimize so you can start a graphic program to paste the image.
      There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Alt-tabbing works fine in SMAC as far as I remember... Set up PSP to take multiple captures, and you should be fun.

Comment

PSP does not work with SMAX. PSP somehow screws up the pallete when taking the shot.

Comment

Alt-Tab works perfectly, I use it all the time when I take my PBEM turns and I need to write some diplomacy message with accurate information from the game.

You don't need PSP, any program into which you can paste graphics will do (even MS Paint). When you press PrntScr, a bitmap of your screen is copied to the Windows clipboard, from there you can paste anywhere.

Aredhran

Comment

The best solution is Snag-it, a nifty little shareware screen capture program, that lets you save in multiple file formats, is dirt simple to use, takes very little RAM, and works to with anything. It's the best screen capture program around.

See www.techsmith.com
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

My solution:

When adjusting you display proporties, make sure the "Put Icon in Toolbar" is checked. Then start the game, click the icon, and change the display from 256 colors to 16 bit colors. Then taking screenshots with PSP works like a charm. Not to mention, I swear the game looks better with the display set at 16 bit mode instead of 256 color mode.

Is there a way to have the game always run in 16 bit colors instead of 256 colors?

Comment

Working...
                X