Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dperr_Unavailable??

Hi,

I've been trying to play multiplayer on my home network. I have a Linksys router, and two computers are hooked up to it.

Anyways, I trying going to IPX, and then host, but whenever I do, it says that it recieved an error -- 'dperr_unavailabe'? I have no clue as to what this means. It mentions something about needing above direct x 5 (which I know I have on both comps.)

Both computers are on the complete install, yet when it asks if I want to install DX (after the error) it says it cannot detect the SMAC in the drive. THe weird thing is that the CD is in the drive.

I really want to play multiplayer on my LAN. Can anybody help me out? :doitnow:

-Thanks in advance !

(EDIT:: I also made a number of ports open for Civ 3..this should work I think.)

Does anybody know anything?? I would really appreciate any information at all. Even if you don't know how to fix my problem.

-Thanks

Comment

I don't know how to fix your problem.

Comment

Does anybody know anything?? I would really appreciate any information at all. Even if you don't know how to fix my problem.
        Well if you insist... I know something but not how to solve that problem. Sorry.

That was an easy +1, not that I need them anymore, but whatever.
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Just Some Guesses
          • Are you able to play the game solo on each PC separately?
          • Is DirectX "broken" on one of them and needs to be reinstalled?
          • Is the DirectX version number identical on both PCs?
          • Have you installed the most recent multiplayer patch on both PCs?

hth

Have a Nice Day
          I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Thankyou all for the replies!

I solved the problem though.. seems I don't have to do IPX after all.

It was TC/IP all along. Thanks for the considerition, though.

Comment

Working...
            X