Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Exploit List

Greetings,

I've spent some time away from SMAX and I'm now wanting to start up a multi-player game with a friend. I'd like to get a list of all the exploits so my friend and I can establish which we'll agree not to use. I've tried searching the forums and although I've seen some listed, I'm not sure if it's been a complete list.

Any links or info would be greatly appreciated!

Forever learning,
    Jeff

I actually don't know where a list is either. Someone will be able to direct you though, and I'll do my part in keeping this thread near the top until then.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Thanks for the help!

I found a link somewhere else (I don't even remember how I got there...) that contains more than enough info. I'm not sure how current it is, but this is a great start.

Comment

Good job there Sik

+1.

Whoops that might have been a bit obvious.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

1.Colony pods can be added to an existing base to increase the base population by 1 using the join base command (b). This operation can be used to increase the size of the base beyond the limits imposed by lack of hab complexes/domes.
          I think this probably isn't a bug since it behaves the same way as the 'population boom' random event.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
            Good job there Sik

+1.

Whoops that might have been a bit obvious.
            Thank you.

+2

He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by fluffy

I think this probably isn't a bug since it behaves the same way as the 'population boom' random event.
              But I thought that pop boom IS limited by the habitation facilities (vs. colony pod pop booming can be used to bypass the limit). Was I not right?
              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Well, the line between exploit and intended behavior is always going to be blurry, since there's really no way to go back to the developer and ask them if this is indeed how they intended the game to work. I wouldn't consider pod-booming an exploit, since it's something that all factions can use equally to their benefit, if they so desire. A base that's cranking out colony pods isn't producing much else, and requires a substantial amount of crawled nutrients and minerals to get best performance out of it

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu

But I thought that pop boom IS limited by the habitation facilities (vs. colony pod pop booming can be used to bypass the limit). Was I not right?
                  There's times where it says "Childrens creche as Base X reports major population surge", and it will push it past hab limits.
                  "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

As far as I recall, the population surge random event never puts a base at a pop which exceeds current habitaion limits plus two...as if the event assumes the presence of the Ascetic Virtues. (or uses the same reference as the AV to detemine pop limits)

Another thing, I do not think the AI will ever add in a CP to a base.

Comment

The AI will also never crawler resources, so that argument only floats for so long.

Comment

I've seen the AI crawl resources before - just not very often... Usually minerals.

Comment

yeah the AI thinks along the lines of :
                          why double my production in 10 turns with crawlers when i can build a totally obsolete unit and cripple myself for the next century in 5 turns !!
                          Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

I've seen the AI crawlering, but rarely sensibly.
                            "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Pods can push the population beyond the normal limits? I never knew that -- I figured it was like civ, and that at some point it just wouldn't work.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X