Time of population growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time of population growth

Well you all know that I'm still a newbie. I tried the thinker level and have been winning from 2150 or so so I thought let's try the transcend. Wow that has been a totally different game! Before I was getting WP and HG every time. Now I get drones from the very beginning. Does production occur before the population growth? Every time if I time my colony pod to be finished in the turn of population growth the game warns me that I don't have enough population. If I time it 1 year later, I get a drone. I have to remember to turn the first citizen into a doctor before I finish the colony pod otherwise I get drone riots. How annoying! Have I been doing something wrong?
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Yes, that's correct. Production finishes before pop growth. If you don't have a Rec Commons or some other preventative measure, on Transcend, you just have to get used to the annoyingness of having to switch it to a doctor every turn before the pop growth.
    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

The alternative is to keep your scout patrol at home to quell that first drone, assuming your police rating permits such shenannigans.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO Aaron
        The alternative is to keep your scout patrol at home to quell that first drone, assuming your police rating permits such shenannigans.
        Most factions can support 2 units, and have to have some means of dealing with the second population point drone at Transcend. Building a scout patrol to garrison the base works pretty well for most. Lal and Domai don't have to worry about that second citizen, while Morgan is support strapped and very unlikely to rely on police for long, if at all.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Thanks for the tip of police. I've been sending the scouts out exploring. So a scout patrol plus Rec commons would be able to support 4 non-drone workers right?
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
            Thanks for the tip of police. I've been sending the scouts out exploring. So a scout patrol plus Rec commons would be able to support 4 non-drone workers right?
            That is correct if:

You haven't exceeded the bureaucracy limit (number of bases)

You aren't Zach
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

And if you haven't yet changed SE to Free Market!

Comment

Working...
              X