Fungus production & commerce questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3-5-6 With all techs and SP's then ... not bad
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

This is great! gwillybj, that is a nice - easy to understand - list!!! Thanks!

But, I cannot get the Merchant Exchange to produce +1 energy in fungus squares! I tried several times - including the scenario editor. Still no extra energy from fungus...

Who would have guessed that Temporal Mechanics, Matter Transmission and Threshold of Transcendence were Centauri technologies?!? I think I'll try adding this information into the help or concepts files - for easy access in the in-game help menu.

Btw, I'm also told that the Nanoreplicator reduces eco-damage. This is still a mystery to me It increases production - that way I get more minerals and potentially more eco-damage, so it is quite hard to tell if eco-damage is reduced. I tried building a Nanoreplicator at a different base, but I was not able to see any increase in clean minerals. Maybe the Nanoreplicator helps some kind of overall eco-formula preventing global warming. I really don't know.

gwillybj: you seem to have some fundamental understanding of the alpha.txt. Do you know where I can find more information on flags, rules and that kind of stuff? Maybe an alpha.txt-FAQ or walkthrough?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubin

Btw, I'm also told that the Nanoreplicator reduces eco-damage. This is still a mystery to me It increases production - that way I get more minerals and potentially more eco-damage, so it is quite hard to tell if eco-damage is reduced. I tried building a Nanoreplicator at a different base, but I was not able to see any increase in clean minerals. Maybe the Nanoreplicator helps some kind of overall eco-formula preventing global warming. I really don't know.
        The role of the nanoreplicator in the ecodamage formula is explained in Ned's Poly column on ecodamage.

Ned, Blake and Fitz have also determined that neither the number of techs, the planet rating nor the construction of Nanoreplicators, the Pholus Mutagen or the Singularity Inductor have any effect on the number of 'clean minerals.' Instead, these have an affect the degree of eco-damage when present.
        "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Rubin asked
          Who would have guessed that Temporal Mechanics, Matter Transmission and Threshold of Transcendence were Centauri technologies?
          If you look at the tech level series and insert Centauri Empathy between Centauri Ecology and Centauri Meditation, then add Transcendent Thought at the end, you will have an unbroken ten-link chain leading directly to Transcendence Each tech in the list is a prerequisite of the next tech in the list.

Do you know where I can find more information on flags, rules and that kind of stuff? Maybe an alpha.txt-FAQ or walkthrough?
          Look in alpha.txt itself at the block of text preceding each section of specifics…
          ; …the lines that begin with semicolons.
          That is where I quote from most often. Other sources are the Manual (the pdf on the budget-priced CD is identical to the printed (US) manual) and the Prima guide (it's still available, but takes some searching). I try to keep records (Notepad txts) of any errors brought to my attention so I don't repeat the wrong stuff.
          Other than those, this forum is my major source of help. Check out the links section at Apolyton-SMAC. Most if not all of those pages have links to other sites not linked from the Apolyton page. And don't ignore the AC-Creation section of this forum. There is quite the collection of hidden gems sleeping in there
          I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Working...
          X