Skunkwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
    Unless of course your going to do a massive PB build at all your bases using crawler cash ins at all the bases as prototypes. Then it makes sense to have the skunkworks at your HQ as that base will build at 1/2 the mins, and then all the subsequent bases will have their min requirement halved thus allowing the dreaded instant fleet of PB's.
    Explain this to me again, please?
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

You still get the morale increase of beeing a prototype & YES you can use crawlers. Just the protoype *COST* is eliminated. And that applies to rushbuilding a protype at a base with the Skunkworks.
      "Close only counts in horseshoes & Fireball Spells!!!" From "Tangled Webs

Comment

Build PBers EVERYWHERE. Then get them almost built, but complete the prototype at a base. the cost for all the others goes down to normal cost plus you have used crawlers to help build a very expensive unit.

Comment

That does make some sense to me. Thanks! However, I'm still puzzled why somebody would need that many PBs unless you are planning to eliminate the entire mankind in one turn?
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

~shrugs~ Some people on this forumn are psycopathic homicidal maniacs! ~GRINS~ "University wins by Planet Buster conquest!"

It also works with anything else that you want to prototype, like the twenty or thirty 20-8-3 drop nervergas hovertanks you want to build to wipe out Miriam.

Comment

"Planet get revenge on University with hordes of Mindworms & rising sea levels."

Comment

I'm probably too unorganised to dedicate one specific base to prototype building. Skunkworks then is pretty useless for me.
                Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Skunkworks have the undocumented feature of allowing cost free changes between units, no matter how many minerals have been accumulated.

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
                    That does make some sense to me. Thanks! However, I'm still puzzled why somebody would need that many PBs unless you are planning to eliminate the entire mankind in one turn?
                    Precisely!!!

Not so much in single play as you don't need to be so ruthless as the AI is a babe in the woods but MP quite a different story.
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose
                      Skunkworks have the undocumented feature of allowing cost free changes between units, no matter how many minerals have been accumulated.
                      Ah thanks. I learned something new today.

Btw, it's nice to see so many SMAC legends posting here from time to time. ZsoZso posted recently on another thread, Jam, Ogie and you have all posted today. Cool.
                      He's got the Midas touch.
                      But he touched it too much!
                      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Now THAT may be something really useful, especially for my always hasty and thoughtless mind.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

Ah thanks. I learned something new today.

Btw, it's nice to see so many SMAC legends posting here from time to time. ZsoZso posted recently on another thread, Jam, Ogie and you have all posted today. Cool.
                          Jam? Our Jam? Our Jam is a legend? I am one proud mother comrade. Not that I have thought off him otherwise.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Thanks Mongoose, here's another thing I didn't know about...

I wonder how many other undocumented features there's in this game that I've spent these years in oblivion about.
                            "Common sense is as rare as genius" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                            X