No announcement yet.

newb questions on design workshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BustaMike Ever seen the AI built a chopper? I have maybe once if at all.
    I played one of these "revolving faction" games (SP) where I changed factions every 100 turns or so. My penultimate change was from the Hive to, I think, The Angels, around 2350 or so, and I left the Hive with some 15 choppers. and maybe 4 drop units.

Imagine my surprise when some 30 years later they attacked the Angels and I got swarmed with around fifty choppers - I was on 2 small continents with some 8 bases on each by then, and got chopped and dropped in one and lost all 8 bases.

Talk about a classic "jaw-drop"

G.

Comment

I wonder sometimes if I got a special edition or something, so many things people say the AI doesn't do...
      I regularly see the AI build various configurations of Copters with no input from me, and no alpha.txt edits.
      Of course, it uses them about as well as it uses Conventional Missiles (Worm-Bombs), and usually beyond the "point of no return"
      I guess if the Worms can't be hit any other way (like waiting for them to come in range of Empath Rovers or some such better-qualified unit), you crash your Copter into the boil, make mincemeat of them when the rotor blades go flying off, and fry the whole mess when the reactor blows.
      And the only hero we have is Richard Baxton, aka Recon Rover Rick.
      I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie

I played one of these "revolving faction" games (SP) where I changed factions every 100 turns or so. My penultimate change was from the Hive to, I think, The Angels, around 2350 or so, and I left the Hive with some 15 choppers. and maybe 4 drop units.

Imagine my surprise when some 30 years later they attacked the Angels and I got swarmed with around fifty choppers - I was on 2 small continents with some 8 bases on each by then, and got chopped and dropped in one and lost all 8 bases.

Talk about a classic "jaw-drop"

G.
        I just HAVE to play another revolving faction game ( I'll just have to clone myself to find the time)
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Once, the enemy sent a whole bunch of Laser Synthemetal Fusion Gunships at me. Good thing I had a lot of Needlejets and AA defences! Personally, I like keeping a Needlejet interceptor, an Airborne Probe, and a SAM vehicle in the workshop at all times.
          Now just don't go forming any angry mobs now, you hear?

Comment

Working...
          X